Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ram Caching / WT-NMP / WAMP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ram Caching / WT-NMP / WAMP

HI
I am looking to increase my productivity by caching PHP files to ram.Is there any way besides using ramdisk?

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

The disk cache generally does a reasonable job of this. Are you sure caching the source code is going to help? Note that APC will cache bytecode in memory, which means parsing isn't needed, so that may be a better solution (but you already mentioned APC; was there a problem with APC on WAMP?).

• @perennate
    I just want the page to be load blazing fast... But with no caching as files are constantly changing.... Because of development going on....

• I believe that WT-NMP have xcache...use it....
    In my experience, it will grab the latest modified files into cache...just dont use too much php child...

• @shamli...
    I like php because it's easy and its Support is great... :-)

Thanked by 1Shamli
  • @noaman agreed.... =D

• Maybe you want HHVM?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2016

@perennate said:
    The disk cache generally does a reasonable job of this.

+1

chances are high, that accessing the php files are not causing slow load times at all. if you're using a newer version of php enable opcode caching with integrated zend engine and look for cli cgi options within that etc.

• Optimize your code first, caching is useless if it takes 3 seconds to run the actual code/database!

• Caching scripts in memory won't help much. Website optimization involves complex set of actions.

• @profforg
    Agreed..
    Also any way to determine whether IOPS is causing slow loading of page or PHP process running on the PC?
    @linuxthefish

Even The famous Avada wp theme takes time on the local development pc
    ..btw
    Intel q6600
    4gb ram
    HDD not sdd