Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AVOID minivps.us!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AVOID minivps.us!

Purchased VPS from them at Dec 26, 2015. One was not provisioned and a ticket was sent at Dec 26, 2015 upon purchase. No response ever. 6 days have passed and the VPS is still pending, the ticket is ignored as well. I must tell everyone to STAY AWAY FROM minivps.us!

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• New year, new drama. Please provide proof of purchase and proof of tickets. Be aware it is the holiday season and if they are not working it will not be provisioned until tomorrow

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 5$ p/Year.
    I expect full 24/7 support even during holiday season and new year.

• Only 3 working weekdays in the UK since 26th Dec.

Give them a (Christmas) break for crying out loud.

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited January 2016

Give this guy his money back and move along. Have a nice Christmas MiniVPS!

• @AnthonySmith said:
    This is a fucking joke right?

No, you are the joke.

Minivps.us is a ghost town with no one managing at all. Even FAQ and knowledgebase of the website is outdated or even empty. Every potential customer should be aware of this. I don't even care the $5. But what if some potential customer purchase in bulk? For instance 10 VPS at once and they got nothing. Remember that virtual items are not handled in Paypal dispute, so basically it would be same as dumping money into the sea.

• @ratherbak3d said:
    Give this guy his money back and move along. Have a nice Christmas MiniVPS!

I don't see there is a possibility for this to happen as it seems the owner of the site has run away already.

• @alaningus said:
    Only 3 working weekdays in the UK since 26th Dec.

Give them a (Christmas) break for crying out loud.

Look at their availability of VPS and you will find out that there are not much people purchasing their VPS around these days. I mean, there's not much customer around. If there is a working day (though I doubt if there is even a person responsible for minivps.us) the owner should have seen my ticket.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2016

@Wolf said:
    5$ p/Year.

You expect too much from $5/year. 24/7 support for that price is unrealistic :d

• Dear all,

My message would be to advise people stay away from minivps.us. I am not trying to make a complaint or so since I know I can't get back my money at this stage. I just hope that no more people will fall into this "trap".

• They are probably taking the holidays off.

Someone who pays $5/year for a service shouldn't expect fast support, especially during this period.

• @doghouch said:
    You expect too much from $5/year. You expect 24/7 support for that price?
    @Wolf said:
    5$ p/Year.

I doubt if you have even read the post before you make some dumb comments since I stated very clearly that 6 days over and no response at all. I won't expect 24/7 support even for $100/month (and I did rent dedicated servers at this price prior to this). 24 hours? Not a problem. 48 hours? Okay but that takes a bit too long. 6 days? That's not even acceptable!

• Bah! Humbug!

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @peter08po said:
    I doubt if you have even read the post before you make some dumb comments since I stated very clearly that 6 days over and no response at all. I won't expect 24/7 support even for $100/month (and I did rent dedicated servers at this price prior to this). 24 hours? Not a problem. 48 hours? Okay but that takes a bit too long. 6 days? That's not even acceptable!

I wasn't talking about your post. It was @Wolf I was referring to.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

LoL funny guy

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Vps4 ? Seems like a fairly new company

• To be honest it's a great deal. You just got to plan your purchase a few weeks in advance.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited January 2016

@peter08po said:

To be honest, you're partially at fault because you chose this provider without looking for any issues.

I mean, there were quite a few red flags on the website - one would be that none of their partner links work. They haven't changed the copyright at the bottom of the page since 2014, the news hasn't been updated since 2014.

Side note: Cough up $15 and go with a reputable provider. BuyVM and RamNode could easily fulfill your requirements.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @peter08po I apologize I thought this was Minivps.co.uk. Although still, most wont be at work between 24th and 04th January, I know I'm not.

• you should have wait for 5 days more.

• Minivps.us is another fake business. Created to be a ripoff of minivps.co.uk - like name squatting. It is a one man operation or shell owned by owners of this site.

Provisioning never should take more than hours. Anyone that believes such is acceptable should change careers.

• xavier said: Minivps.us is another fake business.

My idea of "fake" is obviously different from yours. Minivps.us provided my first VPS which I've renewed. Coming up to 2 years now I haven't had a problem. Five bucks and it just works.

xavier said: Created to be a ripoff of minivps.co.uk

I have no doubt that minivps.co.uk is pure gold, but what's the butthurt about the name? Frankly, if I wanted to buy from the dot uk folks there is nothing stopping me and I would gladly do so should the occasion arise and they had something I wanted.

• Minivps.us is dead.

I guess it started around the time of this thread. lol some of the comments re the OP now that we know for sure. (more recent thread here)