Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small Dedi for MineCraft
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small Dedi for MineCraft

Hi.

I need a small dedi for a MineCraft server used by a group of friends (~ 6 - 8 people will play on it at most)

Anyone have a dedi I can buy?

The first thing I thought of was KimSufi but their completely out of stock.

Comments

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Hey,

Have a price range? Do you want it in Europe specifically?

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited December 2015

@SSDBlaze said:
    Hey,

Have a price range? Do you want it in Europe specifically?

Hi USA and the cheaper the better, it's only for 6-8 people so it wont need much capacity.

$20-$30 range?

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

I think the cheapest deal I know of is WholeSaleInternet

They have a Dual Xeon 5520 plan with 24GB RAM for $40 per month. All their cheaper plans look to be sold out...

They also have a E3 with 32GB RAM and a SSD for $42 per month. I know E3s are generally used to host minecraft servers...

These plans sounds a little big for what you need though.

• @xaitmi said:
    $20-$30 range?

Delimiter? $20/mo with the coupon @MarkTurner posted the other day, which still seems to work.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1453592/#Comment_1453592

Dual E5420/16GB Ram/1TB HDD or 120GB SSD (2 different models, coupon works on both)

Should be fine if it's private and you don't get DDoS'd

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

If anyone is looking for a dedi for a larger Minecraft/other intensive game server send me a PM, I just recently migrated to a server in another location (Previous server is an E3-1230v3, 32GB, 1x256GB SSD+1TB HDD in Dallas).

• if west coast @qps has some $29/m i3 servers

or if east the Delimiter or dacentec will be a good choice

or Wholesaleinternet have some $10/m servers but you have to wait

Thanked by 1qps
  • xaitmi said: Anyone have a dedi I can buy?

Delimiter has quite a few private Minecraft servers on its network. If its only a small server then one of the E5420's for $20 would be great.

https://cc.delimiter.com/cart/dedicated-servers/

• Why do you want a dedicated server? For 6 - 8 persons it is easier and cheaper to just buy a shared server right?

• simonindia said: if west coast @qps has some $29/m i3 servers

Good choice, having an SSD should improve Minecraft performance.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/66347/quickpacket-los-angeles-core-i3-530-29-99-per-month

Thanked by 1qps
  • foxezfoxez Member
    edited December 2015

It was maybe one year ago me and my friends decided to get a server for 1 month so that we could play minecraft together (We only played like a week or so tho) But for that I went with ramnode's 5$ plan. I did not get any emails about abuse etc so you are probably all good if you go with the 10$ plan! :)