Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fraud Software - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fraud Software

2»

Comments

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited December 2015

miTgiB said: Everyone is greylisted, I greylist my inbound email, so my reset password link is sitting in your mail queue and I do not see anything in my greylist waiting queue that jumps >out at me as it would be from your site, so can't whitelist it.

to be honest this guy is more confused than ever thinking my fraud module was "related" to the "official" fraudrecord module asking why doesn't it have the reporting ability like my 1.0 fraudrecord module and I tried telling him it isn't related to nothing fraudrecord other than using their api in my module that isn't "official" I finally had to ban the guy from my livechat as he wouldn't get the point above I was trying to make. and then claimed I would "never be apart of the coder god complex" like that makes any sense

• timnboys said: fraudrecord module and I tried telling him it isn't related to nothing fraudrecord other than using their api

Your skills at explaining it is different are sorely lacking. And you are putting words into my mouth, I never said I wouldn't be apart of the coder god complex, I said I can't talk to coders that suffer from a god complex.

I am still interested in your module if it can do something for me, but the confusion caused hopefully shows you that there are people out there still using the official fraudrecord version of the module, and you might improve yours by differentiating it. At first glace I only saw a $20/mo option, after I tried to reset a password I will never be able to reset, I did see the 1 time $35 fee, and that is reasonable, but you kept going on assuming I knew your module was different, so stop throwing stones from your glass house and maybe take some of what I've said to improve your ability to sell your module.

• @miTgiB said:
    I am still interested in your module if it can do something for me, but the confusion caused hopefully shows you that there are people out there still using the official fraudrecord version of the module, and you might improve yours by differentiating it. At first glace I only saw a $20/mo option, after I tried to reset a password I will never be able to reset, I did see the 1 time $35 fee, and that is reasonable, but you kept going on assuming I knew your module was different, so stop throwing stones from your glass house and maybe take some of what I've said to improve your ability to sell your module.

okay would you please explain how I have a "god complex" as I don't have a god complex and how was I supposed to know you knew my module was different I didn't even get a clue you was thinking I made the official module until you started asking me for details I didn't have as I just assumed you knew that my website wasn't related to fraudrecord as I don't own fraudrecord.com I own cubedata.net instead.
    seriously lets both stop trying to throw stones because to be honest I thought it was very obvious I wasn't related to fraudrecord as I wasn't talking to you from fraudrecord.com nor had a logo of fraudrecord on my website(I have my own).
    I am just confused at how people cannot get that I mean how do you not know you aren't on a site that isn't fraudrecord and assume it is fraudrecord and believe it is the "official module" to be be honest you need to work on just being very specific on what your asking.

• I was obviously confused by what you site shows right there, it says FraudRecord, maybe if you named your module CubeData Fraud module, or whatever, other than FraudRecord WHMCS/Blesta Module as even your sig says, it would not cause the confusion it has caused me.

I can put this behind us, but I have seen many providers that also have developed a module, so I didn't think twice you are not FraudRecord, I get that now, but still think you can avoid that confusion in the future with a simple renaming.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @miTgiB said:

I was obviously confused by what you site shows right there, it says FraudRecord, maybe if you named your module CubeData Fraud module, or whatever, other than FraudRecord WHMCS/Blesta Module as even your sig says, it would not cause the confusion it has caused me.

I can put this behind us, but I have seen many providers that also have developed a module, so I didn't think twice you are not FraudRecord, I get that now, but still think you can avoid that confusion in the future with a simple renaming.

well that is fixed now I put it as cubedata_ prefix to what was existing.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@timnboys I was under the impression, like @miTgiB, that you were advertising your module as a replacement to the official FraudRecord module also. Now your module makes more sense after the back and forth between you and Tim.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@miTgiB here you go to make your life easier: https://github.com/KuJoe/addFRButton

The readme file is only 81 characters less than the actual hook. :) Heading to bed now because the number of typos I've made in this post before posting it is too many.

Thanked by 1miTgiB
  • KuJoe said: to make your life easier:

Awesome! I found my module was still back at v0.5.0 so updated that to v0.6.1 which has a built in search function and with your hook, it now fills in the last name so not near as much hunting

• Nic_20TBSSDNic_20TBSSD Member
    edited December 2015

@miTgiBWhat settings do you use for their WHMCS - maxmind?

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited December 2015

so how is my module working for you @TinyTunnel_Tom?
    Did you get it configured and working fine?

• @timnboys said:
    Did you get it configured and working fine?

It's new year beer is priority

Thanked by 1trewq
  • @TinyTunnel_Tom said:

You're a little too young for that.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:

Okay I have responded to your ticket and hope I have resolved your issue.

• @0xdragon said:
    You're a little too young for that.

Says who it was NYE

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2016

try also fraudlabspro as you will be able to create rules depends on customer data, very great tool.