Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Xen VPS in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Xen VPS in EU

GaNiGaNi Member
edited January 2013 in General

Hello,

I am looking for a XEN VPS in Europe particularly in Netherlands or Germany. I would be hosting game servers (source/steam) on them.

My Requirements are:

• Core: 2
  • RAM: 1GB
  • Space: 50GB
  • BW: 1TB+

Price Range: 10 - 15$

Thank you!

Comments

• I've already looked over them, either the hard disk space is imbalanced or the Bandwidth.

• How come? If I just look at the first offer and visit the company's website they offer a package that fits your needs perfectly: Powerbox Start, 1GB Ram, 60GB Hdd, 3TG bandwidth.

• @japon for the same price I could buy a better kvm in NL. My price range is <15$ atm

• You never stated a price range in the first post. Which NL offer do you have, might be interested in it.

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited January 2013

Well I presumed the LET price is always <10-15$ :). I've looked at Audefy's & ArionVPS(support hasn't replied over 2 days).

PS: Stated the price range.

• TBH, the LEB-price range for a VPS is <$7.01, but that automatically includes restricted ressources. Your requirements in terms of the combination of RAM, space, bandwidth might be a bit higher than the average LEB.

• Versio.nl €9.99 for 1 GB RAM, 100GB storage, 2TB bandwidth, plus 30GB external backup storage

http://www.versio.nl/cloudbox.php

"OS: Linux - CentOS"

They have 30+ different CentOS os templates
    http://www.versio.nl/cloudboxtemplates.php

• wroxwrox Member
    edited January 2013

@japon I can confirm that ("requires higher resources than a LEB") statement to be false as a Source/SRCDS gameserver hoster myself. I can easily host up to 4 gameservers on one LEB (provided it has 2 cores).

@GaNi
    How many slots are you looking to host, or rather - how many gameservers?

• Unless UK is out of the question, I think this would fit you very well

• This also depends on wich source game

If you are going to host Garry's Mod, then you will need a powerfull processor
    But with counter strike 1 core @ minimal 2ghz is fine

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited January 2013

@japon I used to host 3x10 slots source servers on a OpenVZ under 1GB but now I decided to move onto XEN.

@wrox 2 or 3 x10 slots.

@DomainBop I have no clue about the CloudBox and how do they work. Google Translator is giving me a hard time.

PS: Game's Left 4 Dead 2/1

• japonjapon Member
    edited January 2013

@wrox said: I can confirm that ("requires higher resources than a LEB") statement to be false as a

@GaNi said: @japon I used to host 3x10 slots source servers on a OpenVZ under 1GB but now I decided to move onto XEN.

I didn't mean that it might require more ressources because of the software. I meant it to say that it might be hard to find a VPS unter $7 with the combined requirements the TO has on a solid base.

• "I have no clue about the CloudBox and how do they work."

The screenshots of the admin interface on this page are in English
    http://www.versio.nl/watiscloudbox.php

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

http://inceptionhosting.com/xen-vps/
    @AnthonySmith
    €18 for the 1024 but its worth the little extra.

• @GaNi
    One EDIS KVM (with one core) in EU would fit you for that purpose. Not being Xen, but still. EDIS gives power in terms of CPUs.

@MikHo
    I wouldn't dare using InceptionHosting. I was with them for a year in their NL location during early 2011-2012, and there was downtime atleast once a week towards the end.

They moved datacenters to i3D, but it only got worse. That was when I ended my subscription. It might be better now, who knows.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@wrox

I have small xen in NL and since the move the network improved alot.
    Previous DC had network issues but the nodes were stable.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@wrox said: I wouldn't dare using InceptionHosting

I can confirm that the network is great since the move, the downtime after the move was caused by an incorrectly hooked up power config i.e. not on UPS this was i3d's fault.

Downtime once p/week is just not the case, it is the same network that the playstation network and xbox trust so it cant be all bad :)

I do remember a flurry of source servers that were purchased during that time and completely overloaded, performed badly and the blame was placed at my door without being able to back it up, not saying that was you but I dont have much to identify you from.

Anyway I cant provide NL Xen servers at OpenVZ prices as I only sell ram once :) you could try DotVPS for NL or GetKVM for DE.

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited January 2013

@wrox said: One EDIS KVM (with one core) in EU would fit you for that purpose. Not being Xen, but still. EDIS gives power in terms of CPUs.

But they provide too low Hard Disk space, I had a look at their Sweden VPS before.

@AnthonySmith said: Anyway I cant provide NL Xen servers at OpenVZ prices as I only sell ram once :) you could try DotVPS for NL or GetKVM for DE.

I just moved from SnelServers/SmartDC, and yea it was Jack :)

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@GaNi If you want similar specs for cheaper price on OVZ, please let me know.

@GaNi said: I just moved from SnelServers/SmartDC, and yea it was Jack :)

Ah OK you have seen the light of none OpenVZ VPS's then :)

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited January 2013

@AnthonySmith said: Ah OK you have seen the light of none OpenVZ VPS's then :)

Lmao. Thank you for the recommendation @AnthonySmith

• Vps Server Location - Usa, Switzerland or Germany

1024MB RAM, 30GB Disk Space, 1500GB Bandwidth, 1 IP - 16 usd/month
    The hard drive can be increased up to 60 GB for free (on request)
    Linux VPS and Windows VPS from Arionvps

Get a trial period http://arionvps.com/billing/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1

• We're looking at Xen but not for a few weeks. There's plenty of quality providers though if you need it ASAP.

• Look at the discussion date, January..

• IshaqIshaq Member

@arionvps

Why did you decide to update a thread that's over half a year old?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@GaNi Swat Katz? Cool!

• @Ishaq said:
    arionvps

Why did you decide to update a thread that's over half a year old?

Just realised that, seems a bit odd..

@arionvps said:
    Vps Server Location - Usa, Switzerland or Germany

1024MB RAM, 30GB Disk Space, 1500GB Bandwidth, 1 IP - 16 usd/month
    The hard drive can be increased up to 60 GB for free (on request)
    Linux VPS and Windows VPS from Arionvps

Get a trial period http://arionvps.com/billing/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1

Stop necro spamming.

• it is prohibited by the rules? I am very apologize!
    We offer a cheap solution from 6usd.

Have 2 kinds of vps servers in Europe - Switzerland or Germany from 16 usd. VPS in EU