Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do providers (SemoWeb) not remove you from mailing lists when you cancel/request to be removed?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why do providers (SemoWeb) not remove you from mailing lists when you cancel/request to be removed?

lumaluma Member
edited January 2013 in Providers

In this case it is @semoweb. I had a horrible experience with them and I cancelled my VPS over a year ago.

I requested to be removed from the mailing list after receiving "spam" 3 times now and I still receive stupid news letters.

Each time it opens a ticket but it just gets closed.

Sure I can just delete the email but that is not the point.

Thanks.

Comments

• Are they sent through whmcs? I don't think it has an opt out for newsletters sent out to customers, I find it pretty annoying too.

• @semoweb is trying this obviously because in the WHMCS mass mail feature you can select just active clients.

• 123systems does this too. It's annoying because they never even provided me service.

• They have obligations under the CAN-SPAM act.

• Filter their emails.

• Hello,

This is interesting and a simple fix, can you email at [email protected] with the email you have on file and I will make the adjustments.

Thanks!

• @semoweb said: This is interesting and a simple fix,

Simple fix? 3 tickets so far to get this resolved, all of them polite and professional on my part. I should not have to post on a forum and email you directly to be removed from a mailing list.

• Thats funny ! Stuff happens sounds like u didnt get any loving last night! lol

• @luma said: Simple fix? 3 tickets so far to get this resolved, all of them polite and professional on my part. I should not have to post on a forum and email you directly to be removed from a mailing list.

Correct, its a simple fix.. all we have to do is "close" your account.. as for you requesting this three times I do apologize and this should of been correctly completed the first time.

Again, I wish to help but the sake of your privacy I am asking you to send me a e-mail directly, if you do not care and wish to post your e-mail publicly feel free.

Thanks!

• Better then all those godaddy emails...

• @joodle

Agreed.

• @Cirium said: Agreed.

Unrequired sub-domain/expendature says hi!