Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runabove DeskaaS always lock me out after 30 minutes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Runabove DeskaaS always lock me out after 30 minutes

Hello all:

I register on Runabove DeskaaS Lab which give us free 3 months for free.

The speed and overall performance is very good, but the system always log you off after 30 minutes from closing your current session.

When ever i keep some program working it will close after 30 minutes from closing the session.

Any one know some solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
  • Welcome to Low End Support.

In order for us to provide you support, you must record a video of you singing and dancing to "hakuna matata" song.

In addition, a $7 per view tax will apply, a minimum of 20,000 views.

Thanks for ordering with Low End Support

• MedowMedow Member
    edited December 2015

@trewq , thank s for posting link to runabove support.

@GCat , thank you also for spending some of your time to reply to my question.

The reason why i put this question here rather than contact runabove support because from my experience , the help community is always more friendly and more speedy than any other host support specially in this kind of issue. Because may be the provider make this restriction from purpose and the community may give me some tricks.

P.S: I already add a support tickets in runabove support.

• Maybe free account limited to 30 min/session ?

• @sdglhm , maybe you are correct.

But deskaas lab is still free for all, they have no paid service for it.

I am still waiting to hear from their support.

• howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited December 2015

This is due to a timeout setting on the VMware Horizon View server. For example, if the client is disconnected for ~15 min the session will auto-terminate. There is no way around it, other than keeping the View Client open.

There may be another timeout set on the server which auto-disconnects if you keep the View Client open for several hours. This timeout, combined with the above, will force you to re-launch the View Client every X hours.

• @GM2015 , unfortunately this is doesn't work.

Thank you.