Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using Virtualbox via the command line
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Using Virtualbox via the command line

Hello everyone,

I have been a member on here for awhile but don't post much. I have a dedicated server with Delimiter that has quite a bit of extra resources. I am trying to get a Windows Server Virtualbox running on it without using a GUI. Unfortunately, I can't afford another dedicated server just to run Windows and sadly not everything runs wonderfully under WINE.

I have downloaded a VHD of WIndows Server from Microsoft and have managed to create the Virtualbox via the command line. I was able to attach the VHD to the Virtualbox and set some basic settings like RAM and CPU's. But what I can't seem to figure out is how to assign it an IP address or make it visible to the internet so I can use remote desktop to manage it.

I have looked through the Virtualbox wiki, specifically the VboxManage command, but there is so much there I couldn't make much sense of it. I have also done a little searching and found some helpful resources but none solved my problem.

So if anyone knows how I can accomplish this or maybe a better way of going about this that doesn't break the bank. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments