Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which VPS Provider for wordpress.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which VPS Provider for wordpress.

As a web developer and small time host (Only for my development clients, friends and family), I am looking to start a managed wordpress option for the sites outgrowing the normal shared hosting limits. Providing VPS to them isnt an option as none of them are proficient in managing linux servers. I am already managing the sites, just want to move them to good production ready servers. Already have a linux admin in my team to manage and secure the servers. Just need help in selecting worthy providers. Not looking for dirt cheap/ultra low end plans. Need excellent uptime/routing, scalability, multiple locations(if possible, to cater different clients) and reasonable performance per dollar.
I have been searching for long now and very interested in some providers like

Virmach

Virtual6.net

HVH

EVOBurst

VMBox

AboveCloud (for their cloud infra, looks very interesting)

Any other recommendations ? (No Delimiter please, never used them, but not very reliable from whatever I have experienced here. Also, No Igniteserver/GVH kinda operations :P, Time4VPS was on my list, but looks like the IOPS limit they set is a bit restrictive, correct me if I am wrong).

Will be waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanked by 1rokok
Provider
  1. Which provider is reliable and recommended.23 votes
    1. Virmach
        4.35%
    2. Virtual6.net
        0.00%
    3. HVH
        0.00%
    4. EVOBurst
      21.74%
    5. VMBox
      17.39%
    6. AboveCloud
        4.35%
    7. Any other (please mention your recommendation in the comments below)
      52.17%

Comments

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited December 2015

Ramnode.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited December 2015

Prometeus, BuyVM

If you'd choose Evoburst, make sure to us a webserver able to use all their 32cores (ex. nginx), else you won't get good performance.

• Luanode

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Digitalocean if you don't need DDOS protection.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @masterqqq said:
    Ramnode.

@GM2015 said:
    Digitalocean if you don't need DDOS protection.

Need something more affordable than both of these. Or are they the bare minimum ?

@Frecyboy said:
    Prometeus, BuyVM

If you'd choose Evoburst, make sure to us a webserver able to use all their 32cores (ex. nginx), else you won't get good performance.

Will keep in mind, though nginx will be the preferred choice of webserver anyway, EVB or not. :)

@EkaatyLinux said:
    Luanode

Will look at them. Good enough for production according to you ?

• I don't have servers at ramnode, but I'm fine with digitalocean. I also avoid industries where kids are present and avoid ddos that way.

Junkless said: Need something more affordable than both of these. Or are they the bare minimum ?

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • It is always good to have some sort of DDOS protection for production sites. So I would go with one of these providers : RamNode/BUYVM /OVH Cloud VPS

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • From your list: definitely VMBox. Never had a single issue with them. I'm quite impressed with virmach as well but haven't been long enough with them to trust them with production site's... yet.

You should also consider leaseweb, and of course the obvious picks: ramnode / buyvm.

Thanked by 2Junkless StevenN
  • Arubacloud €1 vps rocks

• @Saragoldfarb said:
    From your list: definitely VMBox. Never had a single issue with them. I'm quite impressed with virmach as well but haven't been long enough with them to trust them with production site's... yet.

You should also consider leaseweb, and of course the obvious picks: ramnode / buyvm.

Thanks for your vote. And how could forget Leaseweb.

@WHT said:
    Arubacloud €1 vps rocks

I have been testing Aruba cloud for months now. They do rock, but upgrades are much more expensive.

• Are you really looking for a production server? I wonder why there is no RamNode, Prometeus, Dediserve (especially with 50% off) and OVH in your list then. To be fair I've never used these ones from your list but I wouldn't opt for any of them when it comes to production goals, are they really decent enough to include?

Thanked by 2Junkless vimalware
  • https://www.nimbushosting.co.uk/ if you have the money to spend on it and you want no problems and quality. I used nimbus for 4 years without a single problem with my magneto site, I'm sure you wouldnt have a problem with wordpress either.

• Two of my favorite providers right now are Leaseweb and Lunanode...both offer cheap VPS offerings that are stable.

• For me the right choice was "BuyVM + Offload SQL" ... You never look back.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Iwstack

• Microsoft Azure

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Junkless said: Not looking for dirt cheap/ultra low end plans. Need excellent uptime/routing, scalability, multiple locations(if possible, to cater different clients) and reasonable performance per dollar.

So people recommend Ramnode and BuyVM, and you say:

Junkless said: Need something more affordable than both of these.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @raindog308 said:

Thanks for you input, sarcastic or not. Though selective quoting text will take things out of context, everytime. I am trying to understand what options are available in the market and at what price. I haven't used either Ramnode or lunanode, hence created the thread to ask from the people who have/had. If you are trying to say that anything cheaper than Ramnode is equivalent to human excrete and not worth using, then I will surely note it down. Though I would still look for a second (or probably third) opinion to satisfy my own curiosity, no offence.

• @bersy said:
    Are you really looking for a production server? I wonder why there is no RamNode, Prometeus, Dediserve (especially with 50% off) and OVH in your list then. To be fair I've never used these ones from your list but I wouldn't opt for any of them when it comes to production goals, are they really decent enough to include?

Is OVH good for production? I know about Ramnode and Dediserve and know they are production worthy, so didn't include them otherwise all the votes would have gone to them. Promoeteus didn't come to my mind as I don't see them on LET (I rem they have a rep here, but haven't seen many threads about them) and for now, LET is my only source to find such info.

• RamNode, Linode or LiquidWeb (fully managed, 15 minutes response by ticket or immediate 24x7 by phone)

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • HostUS, RamNode

• Maybe Budgetvm ? :)

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Ramnode or Linode.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Junkless said: Though selective quoting text will take things out of context, everytime.

Apparently not. Where did I take you out of context? You said you were looking for "excellent uptime/routing, scalability, multiple locations...and reasonable performance per dollar".

People made good suggestions for that exact thing, and you said they were too expensive and asked about the "bare minimum".

If Ramnode and BuyVM are too expensive for you, you really can't afford a VM.

Junkless said: for now, LET is my only source to find such info

Why?

• Pony

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Acacy said:
    HostUS, RamNode

I did forget HostUs as well, recommended ?

@IntenseVPS said:
    Maybe Budgetvm ? :)

Already using them for a dev server, but havent heard their name around here or seen any reviews. Not much popular at LE* ?

@raindog308 said:

Well, may be it was lost in translation (Not a native English speaker here), but I was not asking for the "bare minimum". I was just trying to ask if Ramnode/DO are the least expensive production worthy providers or if there are any other cost effective providers available which I am not aware of. No harm in asking, right ?

I will ask you again, is there NO provider cheaper than DO/RN here on LET which is production worthy in your opinion ? NONE at all ?

Also, to answer you "why" - Cause LET/WHT are the only two hosting related communities that I know of. Are there any more ?

• it's DRserver..

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2015

Junkless said: Is OVH good for production?

I think it is, their cloud is quite stable.

Junkless said: Promoeteus didn't come to my mind as I don't see them on LET (I rem they have a rep here, but haven't seen many threads about them)

Just take a look at last LET poll. They have a wide line of services, iwStack is quite flexible, for instance.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Thank you for considering us. In terms of reliability, please see our uptime history which is available at https://virtual6.net/uptime/.

If you have any questions at all or would like a chat about your needs please do not hesitate to contact me here directly.