Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS of minivps.us takes FOREVER to provision
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS of minivps.us takes FOREVER to provision

Purchased 3 VPS since more than 50 hours ago. Two of them were delivered instantly while one still pending now. I've sent ticket to them after several minutes when the remaining one was not delivered but no response from support at all for 2 days.

Think twice before you choose minivps.us since your VPS may take FOREVER to provision!

Comments

• peter08po said: for 2 days.

It's Monday after the Christmas weekend, wait a bit longer!

• Frecyboy said: It's Monday after the Christmas weekend, wait a bit longer!

Absolutely. I wouldn't expect any company to be staffed at 100% around this week.

However, perhaps they should've made an announcement to let (potential) customers know that response times will be longer than usual.

• Impatient much

• ElliotJ said: However, perhaps they should've made an announcement to let (potential) customers know that response times will be longer than usual.

You know, what you ask is perfectly reasonable, and in my 20 years of providing service, no matter how much info you try to give customers, they will still have questions, or totally ignore what you did tell them. I had dialup users in the 90's that cancelled service over too much info, claiming the service must not be stable because they were alerted to potential issues.

• @miTgiB said:
    no matter how much info you try to give customers, they will still have questions, or totally ignore what you did tell them

I doubt if minivps.us ever read customer's ticket because after all I found their website is like a "ghost town" as their server status is problematic, their FAQ is blank.
    They got two articles in knowledgebase but one of them with no content at all.

So, I think it is necessary to remind people to keep away from a provider with no one managing it at all.

• There are always some hickups during these holiday weekends. But a 2 day wait for a VPS does seem to be way too long. Companies should be prepared for holidays with at least a skeleton crew to take care of most issues like this.
    Hope you got your servers though

• out of curiosity, what made you commit 3 VPSes?

@peter08po said:
    So, I think it is necessary to remind people to keep away from a provider with no one managing it at all.