Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reliable Hosting Provider With DDos Protection - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reliable Hosting Provider With DDos Protection

2»

Comments

• @Nic_20TBSSD said:
    That would be expected from perhaps a $3.50/month VM I would probably kick them also, but for others spending over $200+/month id assume OVH wouldnt kick them for a 40gbit flood for a couple of days

Assume and 40gbit is small today. Routine to have that flow for days if you are being targetted.

You will get more if you bought direct with OVH on dedicated server costing real $$$. Cheap we are talking about here, even the servers VPS resellers are buying there. Here servers are Kimsufi and SYS. OVH isn't all they are cracked up to be. If you are a special customer they'll go longer for you, but nulls will happen and stick. Check comments on gaming sites, long trail of customers unhappy.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Nic_20TBSSD said:
    That would be expected from perhaps a $3.50/month VM I would probably kick them also, but for others spending over $200+/month id assume OVH wouldnt kick them for a 40gbit flood for a couple of days. You do have a point though with LET services theres always a catch! Personally I've never had an issue with OVH booting me for constant floods.

Which makes perfect sense :) For the price their filtering is decent. If you're looking to build a company that does nothing but tunnel/proxy/etc filtering and it's based off a $20/m kimsufi, you'll probably have a bad time.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • @Francisco said:

Yep, @Francisco your absoutely right =)

• Reading Luna Node's Status updates:
    https://status.lunanode.com/

They use OVH and are smarter than the average host. Problems with OVH protection since at least July on leaks and nulls. They had to engineer their own layer to deal with leaks and manage nulls.

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited December 2015

Anyone have proofs of terminations? I mean screenshots / support replied from OVH?
    I wanna check. Because for years under very hard ddos attacks i never been nullrouted or terminated. Maybe i need prepare to very bad things after ddos too.

Can anyone show proofs of nullroute / termination due to ddos attacks to OVH services?
    (i'm talking about 2015 year, and services buyed directly from OVH)

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • @WHT said:
    Check Ramnode, seems they have 20gbps protection.

Thanks for commenting, gonna take a look at them now.

• @Francisco said:
    If you can can raise your budget to $8.95/month we can do > 100gbit :)

512MB OpenVZ, 50GB SSD, 1TB transit, filtered IP included.

Francisco

Hi Francisco,

I just finished reading on your site regarding the minecraft client that you have written. To be honest if it is true then surely I will go with your services. Added you there in my list.

@DevilHorns333 said:
    I just finished reading on your site regarding the minecraft client that you have written. To be honest if it is true then surely I will go with your services. Added you there in my list.

Yep, we get some pretty massive floods, especially in Luxembourg where all the Lineage 2 customers tunnel from.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Hehe so I shouldn't take the luxemburg then? Also reading your wikia now it states keeping CF out of this for better stability. True?

@DevilHorns333 said:
    Hehe so I shouldn't take the luxemburg then? Also reading your wikia now it states keeping CF out of this for better stability. True?

LU is perfectly fine, the protection is anycasted throughout Voxility's 6 POP's, so it isn't like there's 400gbit pounding at Germany or something (well, there probably is but it isn't all because of our L2 users).

The problem with CF is that Voxility whitelists all of their IP space so if you're wanting to use our local L7 protection it won't work. There's a lot of CF bypass attacks and we can't do anything about that, nor can Voxility.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • DevilHorns333DevilHorns333 Member
    edited December 2015

@Francisco said:
    LU is perfectly fine, the protection is anycasted throughout Voxility's 6 POP's, so it isn't like there's 400gbit pounding at Germany or something (well, there probably is but it isn't all because of our L2 users).The problem with CF is that Voxility whitelists all of their IP space so if you're wanting to use our local L7 protection it won't work. There's a lot of CF bypass attacks and we can't do anything about that, nor can Voxility.

Yes, but then having an IP just out there without hiding it isnt like come try me DDOS thing?

Yes CF doesnt totally hide the IP but for the newbs or script kiddies it still hides.

@DevilHorns333 said:
    Yes CF doesnt totally hide the IP but for the newbs or script kiddies it still hides.

If they pound your filtered IP why does it matter?

Francisco

Thanked by 1DevilHorns333
  • DevilHorns333DevilHorns333 Member
    edited December 2015

@Francisco said:

Clicked to buy the 512 Openvz seems like the locations LA & LU are outta stock?

• @DevilHorns333 said:
    guess you can go for KVMs?

For the holiday weekend :) Check in the morning, we'll be reloaded then.

Francisco

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited December 2015

@DevilHorns333

Voxility network is very unstable. You will always lag:)
    Tested with different operators with Voxility protection in Europe.
    The same thing with USA location (but at USA, it's a little bit better, then in Europe).

I don't know when they will fix their issues, but ~ 1 year time to time i'm back to Voxility network, and i notice the same issues over time. So, nothing changed for minimum 2015.
    Maybe in 2016 their network will be much better.

What about DDoS attacks, Voxility Network is good.
    This guys wont filter 100% of attacks, but ~ 80% will.
    And rest 20% of attacks usually filter providers / resellers by their own home-made solutions.

Typical situation at evening

• desperand said: Voxility network is very unstable.

Hosting my Teamspeak through them in Frankfurt and it's working great, although I got massive packet loss while using buyvm I guess they fixed that now.