Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

have you tried to buy a korea vps with cc ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

have you tried to buy a korea vps with cc ?

newkindnewkind Member
edited January 2013 in General

i have no korea bank info ,only pp and cc, anyone tried? hoping share your experiebce

Comments

• InternetBrothers may accept PP, you can contact them for details.

• Let me put it this way.

In Korea in order to have any web presence, you have to give up your anonymity (technically legally). To use Online Applications (e.g. Video games, Web Apps) you're required to provide your Citizen's Identification Number. For those who are outside the country, you must go to an Embassy (or the country itself) and receive an Alien Identification Number. Then are you allowed to purchase any web services or anything really.

Basically, you more than likely won't be able to get one. Save yourself the hassle, buy one in Japan.

• Japan is country locked too, for the most part. While there isn't any national rules, most providers will only accept local clients (Because intl. transit is expensive as fuck, among other things)

• Totally blanked that.

Yeah international transit is RIDICULOUSLY Expensive. I got quoted a TON of money for even a small international line.

Just go to EDIS and get a Hong Kong VPS.

• @DannyAlex
    what about their service? are they stable fast and reliable?

• @HalfEatenPie
    in hongkong which conpany is better and reliable?

• @DannyAlex
    i can not find a kr vps in internetbrothers.com can you give me a link?

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited January 2013

@newkind said: in hongkong which conpany is better and reliable?

http://edis.at

That's my only recommendation for Hong Kong. (http://www.edis.at/en/server/linux-vserver/hong-kong/)

Also, what @DannyAlex was talking about was these guys: http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr/

But even then its still not in LEB range. You'd be hard-pressed to find a VPS in Korea even in LEB range.

Also here's the clause on their website:

1. We do not sell to anonymous clients.Fraud or any sort of Illegal activities in our servers is not tolerated. 3. We require Correct Name, Address and customer's identification
  • @HalfEatenPie
    its really expensive and i hate set up fee
    thank you for your help

• @HalfEatenPie said: Also here's the clause on their website:

We do not sell to anonymous clients.Fraud or any sort of Illegal activities in our servers is not tolerated. 3. We require Correct Name, Address and customer's identification

I believe this should be the case with any provider anywhere in the world, don't you think?

• @rds100 said: I believe this should be the case with any provider anywhere in the world, don't you think?

I never said I didn't agree with it. I was just stating what they wrote on their site.

Although I do disagree with the Citizen's Identification Number/Alien Identification Number but that's my own personal quarrels

• Yes, the Citizen's identification number is too much, but the rest sounds universal for any provider.

• "the rest sounds universal for any provider."

there are always exceptions

PRQ.se

We do not require knowing your name, address, etc, although it can be advantageous to have them in certain situations (and they are handled very carefully, always stored encrypted, our personnel screened throughly for trustworthiness, and can only be accessed from two dedicated workstations who like the main server also have encrypted harddrives). Neither do we require a written contract. The only thing we need to know about you to set up the service is which e-mail address that should receive the invoices.
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited January 2013

Yes, one of the reasons why PRQ AB is bankrupt and in liquidation now....

• its too expensive