Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback on a couple of proposed offers (not ready yet)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback on a couple of proposed offers (not ready yet)

BlueVMBlueVM Member
edited January 2013 in General

Hello,

We are preparing to make some new offers to the community and with that we'd like some feedback for the proposed offers. Some of these will be KVM others Openvz... hopefully they'll do well:

KVM Storage VPS:

KVM - Storage Level 1
100 GB of Storage
64 MB of RAM
0.5 CPU Core
5 Mbps Unmetered or 500 GB at 100 Mbps
$2.99 /Mo.

KVM - Storage Level 2
250 GB of Storage
128 MB of RAM
1 CPU Core
8 Mbps Unmetered or 1 TB at 100 Mbps
$5.49 /Mo.

KVM - Storage Level 3
500 GB of Storage
256 MB of RAM
2 CPU Cores
1 IPv4 Address
15 Mbps Unmetered or 2 TB at 100 Mbps
$9.95 /Mo.

KVM - Storage Level 4
1 TB of Storage
512 MB of RAM
4 CPU Cores
1 IPv4 Address
25 Mbps Unmetered or 4 TB at 100 Mbps
$18.99 /Mo.

Special VPS

TheDot - Small KVM or OpenVZ VPS
128 MB of RAM
0.5 CPU Core
5 GB of Disk
100 GB of Bandwidth @ 25 Mbps
1 IPv4 Address
$1 per month paid yearly.
"No Support" => TUN/TAP Activation upon request & "Does it ping?"

Comments

• nunimnunim Member
    edited January 2013

No IPv6 at all? "Storage" useage only?

KVM @ 0.03/GB sounds nice, depending on where it's located.

• No IPv6...

It would be for whatever you feel like using the space for. Obviously don't bash the disk, but if it's simple file serving or repository space that's fine.

• Unmetered ports a little low, but looks fine. Like to know the location(s).

• @AstroProfunis - Probably start in Kansas City with expansion to LA or ATL later on. The unmetered ports provide more total usable bandwidth. If we raised them above that we're just handing away more than double the bandwidth.

• I know your KC location isn't Gbit, but when you expand the storage packages to your Gbit locations, could the metered BW be on 1Gbps?

• @ihatetonyy - No reason why not... so yes.

• Can be used for anything right? It's just a high storage VPS?

• RophRoph Member
    edited January 2013

I'd definitely buy one, probably KVM 2 or 3. Would you be offering yearly options?

• Nice offer :)
    Added to my list if I need it

• @jcaleb - Yes you can use it for anything legal in the USA. Obviously if your bashing the disk and effecting other people that would be a no-go.

@Roph - Yes.

• Any chance of internal IPs a la BuyVM?

• Is the storage on some sort of RAID?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Prices look decent IMHO

• Prices are interesting, but the 64 Mb Ram of the smaller KVM is not enough to setup a working iSCSI target. It should be 128 Mb.

• If you could bump memory on level 1 to at least 96 MB and offer some yearly discount that would be really nice offer.

• @dannix said: If you could bump memory on level 1 to at least 96 MB and offer some yearly discount that would be really nice offer.

+1 on this. I fear there'd be issues with 64MB, especially with KVM. I've struggled with 64MB OpenVZ storage/backup boxes....

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@BlueVM said: KVM - Storage Level 1

100 GB of Storage
    64 MB of RAM
    0.5 CPU Core
    5 Mbps Unmetered or 500 GB at 100 Mbps
    $2.99 /Mo.

I would definitely grab one of those. Possibly even storage level 2.

• Interesting. RAID?

• RAID 10 will be available if we ever expand to California or Atlanta. Kansas will have RAID 1.

• When might these become available? :)

• @BlueVM said: @jcaleb - Yes you can use it for anything legal in the USA. Obviously if your bashing the disk and effecting other people that would be a no-go.

Thanks! It's just that some providers limit storage server for backup use only.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I understand that HDD can be linked via RAID, what about CPU - overselling? how many accounts per node?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@BlueVM these are really competitive pricing. Please do let me know the specs of the node? (I know this is still not ready, but from the top of your head).

Regards

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

As I can see to get profitable the VPS node, need at least 100+ accounts per server. I haven't seen any servers 25TB HDDs with RAID-10 and 8 x 4 Intel Xeon CPU under $100 per months yet.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@WebProject said: I understand that HDD can be linked via RAID, what about CPU - overselling? how many accounts per node?

Storage VPS will be light on CPU usage. I am absolutely sure that any new E3xxx CPU would handle hundreds of those storage VPSes without a problem. However the HDDs will be a bottleneck for the hundreds of VMs.

• @WebProject said: As I can see to get profitable the VPS node, need at least 100+ accounts per server. I haven't seen any servers 25TB HDDs with RAID-10 and 8 x 4 Intel Xeon CPU under $100 per months yet.

We have deals with our DCs for high spaced disks.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited January 2013

@rsk said: @BlueVM these are really competitive pricing. Please do let me know the specs of the node? (I know this is still not ready, but from the top of your head).

Regards

It will be dual L5420 (our standard nodes) or E3s.

• @Roph said: When might these become available? :)

Hopefully sometime soon, if we get everything planned out.