Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reason behind RamHost.com pricing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reason behind RamHost.com pricing

Their VPS servers seem very overpriced / stuck in the past, is there any reason behind it?

They don't look dead by any means but I really wonder what they offer as their prices are very high

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller

Comments

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited December 2015

̶c̶̶u̶̶z̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶y̶'̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶s̶̶t̶̶a̶̶b̶̶l̶̶i̶̶s̶̶h̶̶e̶̶d̶̶.̶

̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶ ̶̶g̶̶e̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶x̶̶c̶̶e̶̶l̶̶l̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶e̶̶r̶̶v̶̶i̶̶c̶̶e̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶n̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶y̶'̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶i̶̶c̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶e̶̶o̶̶p̶̶l̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶r̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶r̶̶e̶̶p̶̶a̶̶r̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶p̶̶a̶̶y̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶u̶̶c̶̶h̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶e̶̶.̶

Forget that, I thought you mean ramnode.

Probably they're priced as they are because they got enough customers that pay such a amount for their services.

Thanked by 2GCat Nic_20TBSSD
  • @Frecyboy said:
    Cuz they're established.

You get excellent service, and they're priced what people are prepared to pay for such one.

Sure, but what they offer that I can't find for less money on ramnode / buyvm?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2015

popx said: Sure, but what they offer that I can't find for less money on ramnode / buyvm?

Stability, confidence, trust, minimum overcommit, excellent client support, good peering, trusted datacenter, stay in business for long-term and no worries about disappear the next day, to sum up just some of the things you get with those providers. Also, getting good cpu, ssd HDD and top-notch hardware.
    And by saying very overpriced/stuck in the past, you compare it with what? With some new or overselling hosters with stability issues on LET, or with price models like Linode, AWS, Azure etc.?
    And, even compared with most of LET providers, what is making you say they are overpiced? Is Ramnode's 512MB Openvz with 40GB SSD HDD and 1TB traffic @ $3.5 / mo expensive? Or, even more, 512MB OpenVZ with 512MB mem, 2 vcores cpu, 150GB HDD ssd cached and 2TB traffic @ 5$/m expensive?
    Or, 512MB ram with 50GB ssd and 2 cores/2TB traffic for $5.95 per month on BuyVM expensive?
    What is the price model you call "fair"? 2GB Ram with 100GB ssd for 1,99$ per month? Because, this model is unsustainable and you will see your data soon gone with the wind...
    Please, do not buy from any of those. Try some cheaper hosts. But, then, please, do not ever come to LET to cry as a baby because you didn't get the service you... expected.

Sorry, I', afraid I am starting to cannot read anymore! Aging... Seem to have misunderstand what OP is asking!

Thanked by 2ATHK xavier
  • @popx said:
    Their VPS servers seem very overpriced / stuck in the past, is there any reason behind it?

They don't look dead by any means but I really wonder what they offer as their prices are very high

I prefer they have high pricing and keep their 1+ year uptime rather than discount the pricing and discount their stability.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2015

Frecyboy said: Forget that, I thought you mean ramnode.

nm

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2015

popx said: Sure, but what they offer that I can't find for less money on ramnode / buyvm?

nm

• they got active 50% off coupons if you really want to use them.. they kind of are stuck in the past though.

• Judging by their Alexa rank (not always indicative but still can be good), they do not attract a lot of buyers, so it could be just a soon to be deadpooled provider.

• edited December 2015

Love how everyone is reading RamNode... I did too...

Pretty sure they're not dead pooled. On their news page they have an outage dated 02/12/2015 (Scheduled Power Maintenance Los Angeles Wed, 02 Dec 2015 22:00:27 +0000)

• ManofServer said: Judging by their Alexa rank (not always indicative but still can be good), they do not attract a lot of buyers, so it could be just a soon to be deadpooled provider.

You shouldn't talk out of your ass freely like that

• @popx said:

Ramhost were one of THE low end providers around the time of BuyVM I believe (back when everyone said it was impossible to sell a VPS $15/yr and BuyVM wouldn't last long lol)

So the pricing ($20/yr for 128MB) was like the pricing at the time. Probably they didn't want to take it any further, or didn't think they could compete with new rock bottom pricing hosts, and were happy with the amount of customers they had. So they probably don't market, but make enough to pay for the equipment (probably more than the equipment costs now) so there's no point closing business

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Because they're awesome.

• RamHost was my very first LEB Host. Good ol times!

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • tinyvz.com

Same provider, I had a few of these.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

RamHost has been around long enough with a proven track record where they can charge realistic pricing and people will pay it because they know exactly what they are getting.

Thanked by 3jar Francisco netomx
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Also, fix the title. It should be ramhost.us

Thanked by 2Francisco netomx
  • xavierxavier Member
    edited December 2015

Cheap people here are going to be sad. Prices are not going down, they are going up.

Can't run a real business selling $7 and less (often much less per month). Leaves buyers here to buy from experiments, hobby companies and jokes.

Cheap is fine, but limits even on latest gear.

Ramhost = 1GB at $20 2GB at $30, on OVZ. Pricier. I'd guess they aren't loading 300+ containers on nodes either and not constant service outs either. They may be competent on support like they have been for the past 5 years? No drama for Ramhost, they run right.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • KuJoe said: Also, fix the title. It should be ramhost.us

.com redirects to .us

• nocomnocom Member
    edited December 2015

With Ramhost from ---- Registration Date: 2010/07/13

TinyVZ never changed price 15$ /year for 128/256Mb VPS with 3CPU (it was 4 from start)

Nothing has changed dramatically after

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2061/review-for-ramhost-tinyvz-vps#latest

Always online , reloaded OS only one time - my f

Excellent provider and stable network.

• You can't go wrong when Dick Coats is your customer.

• My first low-end VPS was from TinyVZ. It was excellent, never had problems with it. I can live with the pricing as long as the service provided is top-notch. I guess the same goes for their other clients.