Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eMail clients do not work after changing domain provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

eMail clients do not work after changing domain provider

Hello guys!

I recently changed provider from register.it to NameSilo. NameSilo doesn't offer SRV records so they suggested me to use CloudFlare.

Setting my DNS was very easy. At the end I put the CloudFlare DNS into NameSilo DNS settings.

The webmail client works perfectly, but I can't use any client application such as Thunderbird or Gmail (on Android). Also, when someone sends me an email he gets it in his/her inbox as well.

I use mailcow to manage my server.

Does any of you have some suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Try to turn off cloudflare protection for the mx cname

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

It seems when you use cloudflare MX record must be mail.domain.tld

• Thank you both.

The fact is that emails work. I can send them and receive them from the webmail, but I can't connect to my mailbox using another client, like Gmail for Android or Thunderbird.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

I followed Dean K's tutorial here on mailmoocow and added a few more dns records to the mail server domain.

Like domain.com and mail.domain.com are on the same webserver/mailserver.

Then on domains I want emails on, I just add an MX record pointing to mail.domain.com, with priority 1.

This is a cloudflare export from my mail server. Replace 8.8.8.8 with your ipv4 addresses.

It's probably crap and there's no mx2, mx3 etc.

https://pastee.org/d4emv

But it's working!

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • @Issam2204 said:
    Thank you both.

The fact is that emails work. I can send them and receive them from the webmail, but I can't connect to my mailbox using another client, like Gmail for Android or Thunderbird.

Did you setup the MX correctly ? added a CNAME (mail.example.com) ? TXT (spf) ?

• @Issam2204 said:
    Thank you both.

If that's the case you need to disable cloudflare for subdomains your smtp or ipop record pointed

• you might want to try resetting all dns records, could help out. Clear all records from your registrar and then set them again

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

SMTP and IMAP/POP server - I guess you have it setup in the mail client towards the main domain. You should create a non-protected subdomain pointing directly to the server's IP and use this subdomain as your SMTP, IMAP or POP servers.

Hope this helps. Merry Christmas!

• Thank you everyone! Basically what I did was to turn off SSL and cloudflare protection on the A record referred to mail.domain.com.

Now it works everywhere.

Merry Christmas!

• Update on this - NameSilo now supports SRV records

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

There's a bug on Android, when the ssl key changes. Go to settings, select other option (like no ssl), then.revert it. It works