Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'd like to purchase few blocks of APNIC IP's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'd like to purchase few blocks of APNIC IP's

I'm willing to purchase few blocks of APNIC IP's for me. Would like to know about the pricing and like to receive some offers from members who're willing to sell APNIC blocks.

Thank you.

Comments

• I'm interested too :)

• You can still obtain a /21 from apnic with valid justification

• Just go to APNIC directly, then you don't have the headache when the person you're renting from wants their IPs back or jacks the pricing.

• Interested too...

Do anybody knows the fee of going directly with APNIC??

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    Interested too...

Do anybody knows the fee of going directly with APNIC??

http://submit.apnic.net/cgi-bin/feecalc.pl

• around $1800 AUD for owning /21

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: You can still obtain a /21 from apnic with valid justification

Yes. But since I'm willing to purchase /24, I thought it would be easier to go with a 3rd party.

MarkTurner said: Just go to APNIC directly, then you don't have the headache when the person you're renting from wants their IPs back or jacks the pricing.

True enough. That's why I'm trying to find someone who's willing to sell but not rent. If I couldn't find a good offer, I'll consider going with direct method.

RockBeltHOST said: around $1800 AUD for owning /21

Yeah. Bit higher if you're going for IPv6

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@sdglhm,

How do you plan to 'buy' the /24 if you do not have an APNIC membership. Do you mean 'buy' or rent? If rent, there are plenty of options I'm sure. I don't know anyone willing to sell their precious ranges. You would be better off applying for a new range directly from APNIC.

Getting a /22 is fairly straight forward. Don't expect a /21 for at least 2 yrs. You need to fully utilize your /22 before they give you another one. So you end up with 2x /22, not a single /21.

• I'm planning to start a small start-up in next year. So I can use that company to register a new APNIC membership rather than going with my current company (Which I'm planning to move soon)

We've few products that required separate IP's (Hosted applications on our servers) so It would be easier if I obtain a /24 for our company.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@sdglhm,

But if you plan to sign up with APNIC any way, then you may as well just get the allocation from them. You will find it difficult to 'buy' a range from someone else.

• I'm planning to move IP block. (As far as I know, it's possible with APNIC) or I'll lease a block (Depends on the pricing etc.)

• It is far easier to just get an APNIC account, you don't need much justification for a /21.

If you don't want that, APNIC blocks sell at the usual 7-10$/IP depending on size, just like RIPE/ARIN.

• sdglhm said: I'm planning to move IP block. (As far as I know, it's possible with APNIC)

move to what? ARIN? Can't do that with direct assignment space to end-users, IIRC you need to be LIR for that. You can freely move direct assignment space between APNIC LIRs of course.

• Oh. I wasn't aware of that. Seems like the most logical solution is direct purchase then. Thank you @William