Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Place to find cheap TLD deals?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Place to find cheap TLD deals?

I was looking for a cheap multiyear TLD deal for a piwik server and found this site:

https://tld-list.com/

If I read the site correctly, it states you can get 3 year year deals on .xyz for $1.99 a year at alpnames, which would be great. However, when I try and sign up, I am offered $21 for 3 years.

Are there any sub $2 a year deals for domain names anywhere or is this a fool's errand?

Comments

• Don't buy from alpnames. It's a terrible company and the rep they've got here is a clown.

ovh has cheap .ovh domains.

try "ovhpartners" coupon or look for the thread here for 5 free ovh domains.

• domcomp.com

Is a pretty good list of tlds and registers. Someone here runs that site, can't remember who though.

• AlpNames created a shill (Fake) account just to spread AlpNames deals and counter my "AlpNames is shit" reviews

• Not sure how good the provider is, but saw this comment yesterday: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1440080/#Comment_1440080

$1.29/yr for a .work domain

• @MTUser2012 said: Are there any sub $2 a year deals for domain names anywhere or is this a fool's errand?

Multiyear promos are very rare, usually it's only the first year that's discounted - Namecheap's ongoing $1 .XYZ promo a case in point.

• Thanks for the help. As I am not an OVH customer, maybe I should be?, I went with your solution.

@mikeyur said:
    Not sure how good the provider is, but saw this comment yesterday: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1440080/#Comment_1440080

$1.29/yr for a .work domain

• All, thanks for the advice. I'll stay away from alpnames. Almost all my names are NameSilo, a very good host for .com, etc, names.

• AIUI to do anything with OVH you have to hand over your passport/ID and/or utility bills to them. That might be worth it for a cheapo dedicated server; for an .ovh extension, maybe not.

As mentioned, Minds and Machines do .work for $1.29. Work is a four letter word to me, so I prefer their .casa (which I think works for general sites, not just property related ones) also for $1.29/year, and may have more available names under it than .work.

For some reason they also have .test listed at $1.29.

https://www.mindsandmachines.com/tld-prices

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@LV426 said:
    AIUI to do anything with OVH you have to hand over your passport/ID and/or utility bills to them.

That's not true. I've had domains, dedicated and VPS with them and never, ever sent any kind of ID verification.

• Retailmenot.com

• @Nyr said:
    That's not true. I've had domains, dedicated and VPS with them and never, ever sent any kind of ID verification.

May not be true for you, but it's true for other people. Years ago I didn't submit anything with Kimsufi. Recently I registered at OVH and got an invalid NIC message when I tried to order, despite it being possible to log into their manager with the NIC.

Googling suggested it was to do with not submitting documents. There are plenty of posts and complaints about their verification nonsense, with long waits to be verified and even people who validate themselves being asked to do it again.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@LV426 said:

I'll quote yourself again: "to do anything with OVH you have to hand over your passport/ID and/or utility bills to them.".

That's not true, it depends on the product and customer. I understand that many users are required to send their ID, specially to buy their cheap stuff, but hasn't been my case with other products.

• I'm not sure why you're continuing to quote the same post and arguing about it, despite me elaborating on it, but if you think you're getting something out of it, carry on.