Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid EvoBurst unless you can accept their customer service - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid EvoBurst unless you can accept their customer service

2»

Comments

• @jvnadr said:
    If I was him, I would terminate immediately with no refund any abnormal behavior of the vm, if it wasn't because of the node itself. Even the time to respond to a ticket and unsuspend a vm is costing more than the yearly cost of the vm itself...

I respect your decision on what to do on such case, but I just want to say that not every people know that they demand too much, the host can explain it politely, if the customer continue to ask too much, then it is the customer's problem, yet the host should keep polite. You may not agree with that but that is what I want to express.

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:

Wow that is a lot of connections just to forward email to another email. Dude how many chances you need to fix the problem? Sorry I seen hosts with tighter restrictions than what budgetvz is running. Personally you should only need no more than 10-25 smtp connection to FORWARD emails. I don't blame them for telling you to kick dirt!

I don't know what actually happened because all I know are based on what the CS says. So whether it is really many connections, or the made a mistake, or other situation, I really have no idea

• @Gunter said:
    Trust me, you're not the only one with bad experiences from EvoBurst. Their customer support is pretty incompetent from my experience sadly. That's disappointing because their services are actually okay.

Yes, I have been using it for 4 months and I think the uptime is good and there's no problem at all. Only the CS is bad

• so it is their decision to ignore customer's feeling. The customer may tell other's that their service is no good. I think the host should think twice on which is more costly.

Actually what I want to tell you is that if the problem still cannot be solved, I am going to reinstall the server with their template and maybe let it idle for other purpose. I have never thought of the outcome right now.

• He is just an asshole with a very lame and bad product. Stay away from this joker!

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • GunterGunter Member
    edited December 2015

harrysdt said: Yes, I have been using it for 4 months and I think the uptime is good and there's no problem at all. Only the CS is bad

I honestly didn't feel like complaining at the time. They offered me a full refund, and we came to the agreement that we didn't want to continue business with eachother. It was a fair resolution, and their services are barely acceptable so there was no reason to complain. However, that doesn't excuse their general shitty attitude in general, especially if it's spreading.

In this case, both sides are acting unacceptably, but you would expect more maturity from the host in question in due expectation, but meh. I recommend staying away from EvoBurst, but that doesn't mean you won't have a good experience with them. They can act rationally if you catch them on their good days and treat them with respect. You can expect to be verbally abused and terminated if you don't.

• Feel bad for you actually. PM with your VZDUMP and I'll give you a year free of whatever @AutoSnipe gave

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited December 2015

@harrysdt don't get me wrong i always against talking rudely to customer's for what ever the reason may be as long as the customer is cool

but what i posted above is my understanding why they suspended you but i'm not a mind reader or something of that sort i'm not representing EvoBurst here i have first hand exp how they do things because i have some service with them and i always recommend them in mostly here in LET

my friend got some hard time with their support in the past but as now he is recommending evoburst to his colleagues

EvoBurst they just act like mirror if you are fair they will be to
    if you are impatient they will lose their patience that's my understanding of them

i'm not trying to point fingers here i'm just stating my opinion

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2015

The problem is that there's a culture behind support in this industry. It's a culture that immediately jumps to "Customers are unintelligent assholes who need to be taken down a peg." Instead of taking time to understand why a customer is frustrated and trying to talk to them in a polite but firm manner, too often people jump straight to assuming that there's no reasonable conversation to be had.

There are at least a couple of reasons for this:

1. Some customers actually are that which support staff fears the most (unintelligent and needlessly belligerent), and that which they sometimes assume other customers are too quickly. This can weigh on the emotions of support staff.

2. Customers, having experienced this attitude in the industry so many times, will immediately go on the defensive and assume that the support staff has already written them off and considers them a nuisance that needs to be removed as quickly as possible.

The answer to this problem is simple. It cannot be solved by the customer. It can only be solved by support staff. It is our job, as customer support, to love on customers and help them as best we can. It is our job not to let our emotions and frustrations take control of the situation.

For example, your first "out of scope" ticket of the day you might reply to with:

"I'm sorry but that's not really something we provide support for."

The 50th "out of scope" ticket of the day you might reply with:

"Seriously, what is it with you people? We don't provide support for this. We have lives you know!"

But customer #50 that day has no idea that 49 other people frustrated you, and they don't deserve to be on the receiving end of your frustration.

If you cannot keep emotions in check, use predefined replies to politely explain what you do and do not provide support for, where they can go for support, and then simply add in the facts of the situation without emotion.

This isn't meant to tear anyone down. This is coming from legitimate personal experience. It has been a struggle for me too. It's something I have to check myself on every day.

• jarland said: culture behind support

Tech support remuneration model also plays a role here.

Pay-per-closed-ticket tech support tends to be impatient, while customer-satisfaction-based tech support tends to be more patient and caring.

Thanked by 3jar Rolter vimalware
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@jarland

You are my hero! This text represent well the Customer Service. Serve for both Customer and Staff!

After all, we are all humans!

• @harrysdt said:
    This is ridiculous.

OK assume that I am fault, impolite, impatient, or even if I have speak foul language to them. For a relation between the Customer Service and the Customer, are they being rude to be acceptable? Should we encourage the Customer Service to be being rude?

If you send replies every few minutes, you are being impatient and rude. I'm sure Ryan wouldn't want to read ten thousand messages at once.

• colingptcolingpt Member
    edited December 2015

@PetaByet said:
    If you send replies every few minutes, you are being impatient and rude. I'm sure Ryan wouldn't want to read ten thousand messages at once.

Apparently, he didn't, because he is not to be paid to do so... If providers think they are not paid to do so either, then pls move down "fast service" label, saying"f*king blind people, I reply what I want to, if you are not happy, get out of here!", then I believe every his customer will not blame any service from them, because they bought in their own risk. This part is down well by LES, you will see everything at the registration and see how their stuff rely to their customer. I'm not comfortable so I never buy it. That's fair, isn't it? They still get plant customers who like them but not me. Both sides don't care each other, good!.

@jarland said:

His Majesty,

During Black Friday, I saw a lot of people were praising your service when I saw the price is still very high even after discount, I don't know why people using a paid service where there is something similar but even free (like zoho..)

Now I know the reason, if you run your business as what you claimed here, your service must be reliable and comfortable very much. They worth it.

We shall not expect every provider like that, otherwise, everyone is going to success and the world is going to be so hard to earn more and be better.

finally, I find this on their website, and share with you, happy reading!

Thanked by 3jar alexvolk lazyt
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@colingpt

Don't put EvoBurst in the loop. Their package have nothing to do with NanoVZ, MegaVZ and BudgetVZ.

EvoBurst have more support and priority than the other brands.

Thanked by 2jvnadr vimalware
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2015

davidgestiondbi said: Their package have nothing to do with NanoVZ, MegaVZ and BudgetVZ.

This!
    It's like comparing top-notch services from inception hosting with Low end spirit. It is at least, unfair. Different products, different TOS/AUP, different expectations.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • I must say I'm surprised that someone would be able to get so far as to buy a LEB and post here, yet has not heard about the culture and expectations that comes with these ultra cheap and ultra low resource offerings. Odd, but I suppose there's always going to be one that slips through the cracks.

• Ole_Juul said: I must say I'm surprised that someone would be able to get so far as to buy a LEB and post here, yet has not heard about the culture and expectations that comes with these ultra cheap and ultra low resource offerings. Odd, but I suppose there's always going to be one that slips through the cracks.

Well, there are providers in the ultra-low-budget range that can actually deliver a good service, e.g. bandwagonhost or all other brands of @dcc

I myself got into trouble with evoburst (budgetvz) because I ran one nodejs script that apparently consumed too much i/o while I had this script running 20x at the same time on a bandwagonhost 512mb VPS. Both were priced at 10$/y.

BudgetVZ is just bad, that's all. Other providers already showed that you can provide better service, even at the ultra-low-budget level. They are only good for vps-hoarders.

It's a shame that this company got so much publicity because it is part of lowendspirit when it shouldn't be.

• I have three VPSs with them and they work fine as far as servers are concerned. I have no idea about their service, and may never find out.

• @jarland said:
    The problem is that there's a culture behind support in this industry. It's a culture that immediately jumps to "Customers are unintelligent assholes who need to be taken down a peg." Instead of taking time to understand why a customer is frustrated and trying to talk to them in a polite but firm manner, too often people jump straight to assuming that there's no reasonable conversation to be had.

I do not provide any services realted to hosting , but this applies to pretty much any industry , no matter what is the size of it .

You get the gratitude of the customer , free word of mouth advertising , and you never know which customer might turn out to be a big fish .

Thanked by 3jar Ole_Juul namhuy
  • Rolter said: You get the gratitude of the customer , free word of mouth advertising , and you never know which customer might turn out to be a big fish .

This is something which is universal to good businesses. However, I don't think the server and computer world has risen to that level yet. Hopefully it will eventually.

Thanked by 2jar Rolter
  • singsingsingsing Member
    edited December 2015

jarland said: For example, your first "out of scope" ticket of the day you might reply to with:

"I'm sorry but that's not really something we provide support for."

The 50th "out of scope" ticket of the day you might reply with:

"Seriously, what is it with you people? We don't provide support for this. We have lives you know!"

But customer #50 that day has no idea that 49 other people frustrated you, and they don't deserve to be on the receiving end of your frustration.

Well, I don't think a low-end VPS host has to be the very model of politeness. Service with a smile simply costs more than EvoBurst.

It's true that if someone is stuck doing L1 support for $X/yr VPS, it really isn't the customers' fault that that person is not in their dream job making their dream wage. But if the customer is asking for excessive babysitting that doesn't come with an unmanaged service, that aspect of the interaction sort of is the customer's fault.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Just remember, it takes just as much time to be polite as it does to be rude. The difference is night and day, and the effort is minimal... especially in an unmanaged environment :)

Thanked by 3Ole_Juul Rolter lazyt
  • jarland said: Just remember, it takes just as much time to be polite as it does to be rude.

Indeed, being rude is a way of saying goodbye - if that's what you want. You'll never see that customer or their friends again.

The advantage, of course, it that it eventually cuts down on your workload. Less customers - less work.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited December 2015

The thing is that bumping your ticket will not resolve the issue quicker, just one reply is absolutely fine - its a support system so there is no way it can be lost - once they can they will respond - there's timezone differences, people will sleep and people need to start comprehending this.

As an example yesterday I had one of my personal dedicated servers that was offline for around 8 hours because of a faulty power cable. 8 full hours because the provider doesn't offer support over the night which is understandable though on the other hand I did loose some money out of this but I knew that bumping that ticket every 10 minutes won't get my issue resolved quicker.

I had two options: (1) try to wait patiently or (2) bump the ticket, swear to the provider etc.

I chose option (1) because the provider is actually extremely good, extremely accommodating. There was no point in me bumping the ticket, it wouldn't get this resolved faster - it will just annoy the person who will read the ticket and ofcourse you will have consequences.

When buying something cheap YOU NEED to have patience, if you are impatient and you require 1 minute response and resolution then you need to consider Softlayer and pay the extra money. You can't have everything in this world, its impossible.

In addition in my opinion with over 100 outbound SMTP connections at the second time this happened I would terminate and send you a backup of your VPS, end of story. You abused their TOS. Having over 100 outbound SMTP connections either means you are spamming or your VPS is compromised, at the end of the day since the service is unmanaged if you can't resolve then there is nothing the provider can do and no testing fixes is not the right way to resolve the issue. Your provider is not a testing bed, you either know how to fix the issue or you don't and you backup your files and re-install the OS.

In my opinion the provider did absolutely nothing wrong, the provider was more than accommodating but the client wanted the whole world for something like $0.40 per month. For $0.40 per month you should wait for a response for at minimum 48-72 hours. In addition the service is clearly advertised as NO SUPPORT and UNMANAGED.

And no I am not affiliated in anyway with Evoburst or anyone for that matter, I just don't like clients bashing providers when all they purchased is a $0.40/month service and expect a 1 minute response time and this is advertised before you sign up.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Was going to run an LES end of year special deal here, this thread and the one like it reminded me why that's a bad idea.

• AnthonySmith said: Was going to run an LES end of year special deal here, this thread and the one like it reminded me why that's a bad idea.

I know you provide a superb service. When I need one I prefer to pm you for a good deal :)

• AnthonySmith said: Was going to run an LES end of year special deal here, this thread and the one like it reminded me why that's a bad idea

Why is this a bad idea? Because of some morons that cannot understand what all this servers are about? Just ignore them, even if they open tickets like this here or elsewere, they just seem foolish and just feeding some haters that they will be always haters.
    Ant, this service is veeery good and you know you have 100's of royal customers that know what should they expect from LES, being extremely happy of course when their expectations in reality are less than what you really offer!
    Don't be disappointed because of some, very few people that just bash LES and similar services. They are the same people that will buy a 5$ 512 cheap vps and expect to serve a heavy load site with instantly support. They will always be there. Ignore them

• I want to recap that I am not blaming for the action the host done on me but his attitude. He can terminate my service more politely.

• zafouhar said: In addition in my opinion with over 100 outbound SMTP connections at the second time this happened I would terminate and send you a backup of your VPS, end of story. You abused their TOS. Having over 100 outbound SMTP connections either means you are spamming or your VPS is compromised, at the end of the day since the service is unmanaged if you can't resolve then there is nothing the provider can do and no testing fixes is not the right way to resolve the issue. Your provider is not a testing bed, you either know how to fix the issue or you don't and you backup your files and re-install the OS.

I semi agree with this, except never terminate a VPS, just block port 25, problem solved. I do have customers that never get abuse reports for spam, and run mailing lists that often get over 200 outbound SMTP connections, blocking their access to port 25 and asking them why this might be gets a response about their mailing list, or a thanks for alerting them to a problem they did not know about. If they do not respond, they were probably spamming anyway, but port 25 is blocked, so they are not degrading my IP reputation, and they have less recourse at a chargeback, as they still have a usable service.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Rolter
  • @miTgiB said:
    I semi agree with this, except never terminate a VPS, just block port 25, problem solved. I do have customers that never get abuse reports for spam, and run mailing lists that often get over 200 outbound SMTP connections, blocking their access to port 25 and asking them why this might be gets a response about their mailing list, or a thanks for alerting them to a problem they did not know about. If they do not respond, they were probably spamming anyway, but port 25 is blocked, so they are not degrading my IP reputation, and they have less recourse at a chargeback, as they still have a usable service.

If there are more hosting provider like you that would be really cool.

The hosting should deal with the problem but not to deal with the people raising problem.