Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need OpenVZ VPS with 200GB SSD Cached Storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need OpenVZ VPS with 200GB SSD Cached Storage

Hi,
i just see discussion http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/66515/boltvm-down and look like its aquired by CC.

last blackfriday i got 50 xyz domain from namecheap, and i need high storage vps for built some wordpress site. currently im with ramnode with 150GB storage (65Gb in use)

My requirement is:

OpenVZ | 4 CPU Core | 1-4GB RAM | 200GB SSD Cached | 2-5TB Bandwidth | 1x ipv4 | min 1 year running business | Budget $5-$7/month

i think HostUS and VMBox is suitable but i need more disk space. anyone have suggestion, should i raise my budget? since for first 1-3 month i only have low of traffic with this project.
thanks

Comments

• Lol who said that?

• andikliveandiklive Member
    edited December 2015

@rokok said:
    Lol who said that?

AnthonySmith say it, http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1423661/#Comment_1423661

AnthonySmith said:
    BoltVM has been sold to CC or a sub brand, this is completely obvious and Steven_F will be under a gag order, its the way it always goes.

budget saya cuma segitu maklum masih mahasiswa, budget nipis.

ada rekomendasi kagak mas.

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2015

Prometeus offer 4CPU/2GB/250GB/4TB for $76/y in IT, but virt is XenPV and there is no SSD-cache if I recall.

Are SSD-cache and 4 CPU a must at all?

• @bersy said:
    Prometeus offer 4CPU/2GB/250GB/4TB for $76/y in IT, but virt is XenPV and there is no SSD-cache if I recall.

Are SSD-cache and 4 CPU a must at all?

for CPU, 2 core is enough i think, but for disk i need SSD-cache, because my wordpress content is images gallery. and i like to pay monthly based. :)

Thanked by 1bersy
  • andiklive said: i like to pay monthly based. :)

I wonder why do you tell that HostUS and VMBox are suitable, their plans are mostly yearly :)

• @bersy said:
    I wonder why do you tell that HostUS and VMBox are suitable, their plans are mostly yearly :)

hostus quarter plans link still valid on their old offer, yeah their plans mostly quater/yearly.

im looking ramnode alternative with large disk and with let price. :)

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@bersy said:

All of our plans have monthly options.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited December 2015

HostUs has really nice plans, there are one of ethernetservers with 400gb hard drive.

check https://vrtz.net/ from @traffic

Thanked by 2Traffic netomx
  • My suggestion, stop being that CHEAP. If you earn good from it, spend more for investment!

• @andiklive said:
    for CPU, 2 core is enough i think, but for disk i need SSD-cache, because my wordpress content is images gallery. and i like to pay monthly based. :)

Just put CloudFlare in front of your website and cache the images?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

andiklive said: ramnode with 150GB storage (65Gb in use)

andiklive said: or first 1-3 month i only have low of traffic with this project

Do you really need a new VPS?

• @andiklive said:
    ada rekomendasi kagak mas.

Bentar lagi kan PI tuh bro dari Adsense, pasti 4 digit nih :p

tetap pake Ramnode aja deh..

IMHO, for Wallpaper blog or AGC Wallpaper, Ramnode is best for you ;)

• @PetaByet said:

That'll help with bandwidth/load but not storage

• @mikeyur said:

Well, in this case HDD could work too

• @dedicados said:
    HostUs has really nice plans, there are one of ethernetservers with 400gb hard drive.

check https://vrtz.net/ from traffic

ethernetserver TOS says : File Sharing, Image Galleries, Image Hosting, and/or Storage sites

so why provide high storage but not usable.

@Ndha said:
    IMHO, for Wallpaper blog or AGC Wallpaper, Ramnode is best for you ;)

hehe iya mas, tapi pengen yang agak murahan dikit soalnya maen AGC images.
    ya mungkin bertahan di ramnode dulu ini, tapi ramnya kurang kayaknya buat mysql untuk 50 domain.

@mikeyur said:

yeah, its true.

@PetaByet said:
    @PetaByet said:
    Well, in this case HDD could work too

i do, i using cloudflare in front of website. and each account i only put 5 domain so google cant detect ip footprint.

i think SSD-cache much faster than HDD if i have a lot images.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited December 2015

andiklive said: ethernetserver TOS says : File Sharing, Image Galleries, Image Hosting, and/or Storage sites

so why provide high storage but not usable.

public is forbidden but private is ok, i read that somewhere here.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @dedicados said:

its for public actually, some wordpress site.

• @dedicados I think those terms are for Shared and Reseller products. I personally asked them about backup storage (forbidden by the TOS) and they said it's OK in their VPSs. And thanks a lot for the mention - really appreciate it! :)

@andiklive If you open a ticket they'll clarify - I'm pretty sure you won't get a better deal for the price. But it's made for storage... here's my ticket regarding backups:

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @Traffic just sent them ticket.

actually is not for backup storage, but for small production webisite for wordpress image galleries and its for public with low traffic. im interested with their 250GB SSD-cached.

• @VirMach probably can help

• lbftlbft Member
    edited December 2015

andiklive said: last blackfriday i got 50 xyz domain from namecheap, and i need high storage vps for built some wordpress site.

So what sort of web spam will you be hosting? Pretty sure Google will notice that your 50 sites linking to each other are on the same IP.

• @lbft said:
    So what sort of web spam will you be hosting? Pretty sure Google will notice that your 50 sites linking to each other are on the same IP.

like i said before, i only put max 5 domain on each cloudflare account.

so it will have different nameserver and different ip addrees since cloudflare is in front of my website. but using cloudflare make my site little bit slower indexing on google.

• If it's wordpress could you not get a smaller vps and offload the images to something like delimiters obj space?

@markturner

@andiklive said:
    Hi,
    i just see discussion http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/66515/boltvm-down and look like its aquired by CC.

last blackfriday i got 50 xyz domain from namecheap, and i need high storage vps for built some wordpress site. currently im with ramnode with 150GB storage (65Gb in use)

My requirement is:

OpenVZ | 4 CPU Core | 1-4GB RAM | 200GB SSD Cached | 2-5TB Bandwidth | 1x ipv4 | min 1 year running business | Budget $5-$7/month

i think HostUS and VMBox is suitable but i need more disk space. anyone have suggestion, should i raise my budget? since for first 1-3 month i only have low of traffic with this project.
    thanks

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @chip said:
    If it's wordpress could you not get a smaller vps and offload the images to something like delimiters obj space?

That would cost more than a VPS since the Obj Space bandwidth is 1:1 with storage. So $10/mo gets you 500GB/500GB and OP needs 2TB+ bw.

@andiklive I just got a VM with @davidgestiondbi in the netherlands, 1GB/100GB/1TB for $2/mo - maybe he can work out something custom and double up the storage/bw/ram for you?

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

I can certainly provide a package, however, our OpenVZ servers are not SSD Cached.
    Despite that our I/O is not bad in my opinion: https://www.petabyet.com/result/2015-12-20-6d573f4a08cfd741c0fd02bec4c37441/

Let me know if you want to discuss of a custom package (PM or Sales ticket).

Regards, David