Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter /32 Ips
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter /32 Ips

jakelongjakelong Member
edited December 2015 in Help

How do i add them to virtualizor? I want to use them with openvz containers and when I try to add it to a ip pool it says I need a gateway which I am told /32 do not have? How do I properly set it up? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

/32 is a single IPv4.

• jakelongjakelong Member
    edited December 2015

@davidgestiondbi said:
    /32 is a single IPv4.

Correct. So what do i put for gateway in the virtualizor panel since it requires it? Also do I need to edit anything in the /etc/network/interfaces? From what I have read you do not since its openvz.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

IPs come with Gateway, if you don't have it, ask Delimiter.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    IPs come with Gateway, if you don't have it, ask Delimiter.

Depend if routed or serve via VLAN. Support can definitely answer this question.

• do an ifconfig or open up the interface file to find the GW, /etc/scripts/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-blah or /etc/network/interfaces

You shouldn't need to do anything else, although I've never used virtualizor so don't hold me to that!

@jakelong said:
    Correct. So what do i put for gateway in the virtualizor panel since it requires it? Also do I need to edit anything in the /etc/network/interfaces? From what I have read you do not since its openvz.

• Support told me there is no gateway since its a /32 and thats the last I heard from them. So I am on my own to get it up and running.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Maybe you can try to use the main server gateway , might work .

• @RIYAD said:
    Maybe you can try to use the main server gateway , might work .

Ya I tried. I been at this since the 14th and tried everything I can think of with no luck. I just cant get the ip additional ips to ping.

• Have you confirmed the link is up through command line tools? Have you boot the server to a live CD to see if the IP is working?

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited December 2015

do what I had to do @jakelong I had to get rid of my additional ip's and just had to get a /29 from them to get anything working that is the same response they gave me telling me there is no gateway it is a single ipv4 and I have spent time like you trying to figure it out and decided it isn't worth it trying to figure it out although one person figured it out on here don't remember the thread link or the thread poster but if you are like me you would rather keep your hair on your head and just order the /29 instead of pulling your hair out figuratively trying to figure out how to get them working.

• I have delimiters /32 on my proxmox server. I use my servers ip as the gateway, you also have to set the route as well. @MarkTurner is good with this stuff.

• @CFarence said:
    I have delimiters /32 on my proxmox server. I use my servers ip as the gateway, you also have to set the route as well. MarkTurner is good with this stuff.

I think I also had to set up a route from the host to the guest /32 IP but I'm definitely using the IP of the server as the gateway address and a 255.255.255.255 netmask in the guest too.

• @pechspilz said:

ip route add 199...*/32 dev vmbr1 (censored IP) is the statement I have in my interfaces file.

• @CFarence said:
    ip route add 199...*/32 dev vmbr1 (censored IP) is the statement I have in my interfaces file.

Any change you can share your whole interface file? ofc blur out the sensitive stuff.

• @jakelong said:
    Any change you can share your whole interface file? ofc blur out the sensitive stuff.

Sure, http://pastebin.com/XD9j7Ecy

Once I have the /32 IPs routed to vmbr1 I use that interface for my VM's network card. This is all in proxmox but I assume the interfaces on the host would be the same if not similar in virtualizor.

As for the KVM configuration I use

iface eth0 inet static address $ADDITIONAL.IP netmask 255.255.255.255 gateway $IP.OF.THE.HOSTNODE pointopoint $IP.OF.THE.HOSTNODE

Thanks to @dabtech for showing this to me last year when I had a similar question.
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/496245/