Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone used ip6.im?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone used ip6.im?

bohdansbohdans Member
edited December 2015 in General

I was looking for a IPv6 tunnel broker, that have a AUS point.
I found ip6.im and applied a few weeks ago and heard nothing back.
Has anyone used them?

Comments

• Thanked by 1bohdans
  • bohdansbohdans Member
    edited December 2015

I never noticed it was in @william s signature, thanks.

• @William sometimes gets busy, mine took about 3 days (from memory), which is great :)

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited December 2015

I have applied a while ago and contacted @William here. My application was declined due to bandwidth lack. I wanted the IP6.IM Tunnel Broker for my VPSBiT VPS because HE's Tunnel Broker wasn't so good.

So most likely you are going to get nothing. You might however get IP space from them but you need ASN/BGP to announce it.

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    I have applied a while ago and contacted William here. My application was declined due to bandwidth lack. I wanted the IP6.IM Tunnel Broker for my VPSBiT VPS because HE's Tunnel Broker wasn't so good.

So most likely you are going to get nothing. You might however get IP space from them but you need ASN/BGP to announce it.

I can tunnel a /64 to you, if you wish (and are willing to teach me how). ;-)

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@0xdragon said:

As far as I know, a min. of /48 is needed to announce it.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2015

Andreix said: As far as I know, a min. of /48 is needed to announce it.

0xdragon said: I can tunnel a /64 to you

Where did he said 'announce' @Andreix?

• good luck

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@etians said:
    good luck

??

• @Clouvider said:

Just ignore him. Just a spammer according to his existing posts from before.

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • +1 for @william, just received my ASN and v6 block. Very easy

• Works fine for me. ASN and v6 block.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Still waiting here :(

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

I got a /44 ipv6 range from @william, took a week or so cause my email got lost. But PM him on here to see if that can helpz

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

I also bought ASN + IPv6 space from @william a few weeks ago which I am now announcing with HE and NetAssist Tunnelbroker.
    It took quite a time until he replied first time. So be patient if you just hit one of his busy weeks. :)
    But then the whole process was completed within one week.
    I can definitely recommend him!
    Unfortunately he wasn't able to offer tunnelbroker service because he didn't have any bandwidth left in NL.

BTW: Are there any other free tunnelbroker services accepting BGP besides HE and NetAssist? Preferable with TB PoP in Central Europe. HE isn't able to max out my two 50/10 Mbps VDSL lines (tried FRA and LDN).

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:
    Where did he said 'announce' Andreix?

Misread, sorry.

• I have applied for ipv6 from @William as well, still waiting..

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited December 2015

Sorry, currently i/'we' do not give out further TB accounts, i just did not have time to disable it in form yet. Done along with some other minor changes. Registrations done until now and not delivered yet are void/frozen until stock.

Most nodes are on the BW limits included/sponsored and extra traffic costs a lot (but new VMs/Servers would cost for BGP/setup again and i don't want to maintain multiple nodes in POPs and networks between them) and the main/bleeding edge node (Kiev) is getting to its CPU limits at peak due to most stuff (Anycast, most BGP sessions, Mesh/OVPN tunnels with encryption) running there.

IPv6 space is available plenty though and the ISP list is kept updated, might add a second one with more personal recommendations like @clouvider and @rds100

• lovemindsloveminds Member
    edited December 2015

@William said:
    Sorry, currently i/'we' do not give out further TB accounts, i just did not have time to disable it in form yet. Done along with some other minor changes. Registrations done until now and not delivered yet are void/frozen until stock.

Most nodes are on the BW limits included/sponsored and extra traffic costs a lot (but new VMs/Servers would cost for BGP/setup again and i don't want to maintain multiple nodes in POPs and networks between them) and the main/bleeding edge node (Kiev) is getting to its CPU limits at peak due to most stuff (Anycast, most BGP sessions, Mesh/OVPN tunnels with encryption) running there.

IPv6 space is available plenty though and the ISP list is kept updated, might add a second one with more personal recommendations like clouvider and rds100

>

When it's back for stock in hong kong?
    And which DC in HK that you using,Softlayer?

• We'll see, no idea.

No, not SL and only China mobile directly peered, others via US.

• @William said:
    We'll see, no idea.

No, not SL and only China mobile directly peered, others via US.

So...Allocate it to SL directly is better the using TB?

• Yes, by far.

• What a shame :(
    I only want to use it from home, so can't announce.
    Does any know of any other TB that have a POP in Australia?

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited December 2015

@bohdans said:
    What a shame :(
    I only want to use it from home, so can't announce.
    Does any know of any other TB that have a POP in Australia?

Sixxs: https://www.sixxs.net/pops/

Brisbane by OCCAID Inc.
    Sydney by OCCAID Inc.

• @Hidden_Refuge there are a few bad reviews of sixxs online,

• @bohdans said:
    Hidden_Refuge there are a few bad reviews of sixxs online,

Ok. Can't help any further. Don't know any other provider with Aus POP.

Thanked by 1bohdans
  • I can do AU, single homed /64 in NextDC though. And via VPN unless you know how to set up tunneled v6 on the server end :P

Thanked by 1bohdans
  • So sixxs rejected my application twice, so I have just given up.
    @0xdragon thanks but I could just VPN to my dual stack VPS :)

• @bohdans said:
    So sixxs rejected my application twice, so I have just given up.
    0xdragon thanks but I could just VPN to my dual stack VPS :)

Yeah, RansomIT hey? :)

• But of course :)

@0xdragon said: