Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current hubic equivalents? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Current hubic equivalents?

2»

Comments

• Similar questions like yours.

drazilox said: What did you expect?

• @GM2015 said:
    How nice.
    They support "Unlimited photos".

Encrypt your photos.
    How nice.
    They no longer recognize photos and "Unlimited" no longer counts.

Just rename the File to .jpg at the end. I did so and it's working perfectly.

• Does these renamed rar files count against your general storage?

paily said: Just rename the File to .jpg at the end. I did so and it's working perfectly.

• @GM2015 said:
    Does these renamed rar files count against your general storage?

Yes, I just packed my whole backup-files together into one file. :D

And it was just a test to see if it's working or not.

• So it doesn't work. It can upload, but will count against your general storage.

I mean on my student prime trial, I've got:
    -"unlimited" photo
    -5Gb general

if you're on this fully unlimited promo, then it doesn't matter.

paily said: Yes, I just packed my whole backup-files together into one file. :D

And it was just a test to see if it's working or not.

• @GM2015 said:
    So it doesn't work. It can upload, but will count against your general storage.

I mean on my student prime trial, I've got:
    -"unlimited" photo
    -5Gb general

if you're on this fully unlimited promo, then it doesn't matter.

Aaah, now I understand. :p

It worked and it doesn't counted as general storage. I could download this .jpg file on another computer, renamed it back to .rar and than I could unpack my files, which weren't corrupted because of the renaming.

I've got the student "free" package too with unlimited photo and video storage.

• Interesting to know.

I believe it's not easy to upload there with scripts.

@nikki got something. amirite?

paily said: Aaah, now I understand. :p

It worked and it doesn't counted as general storage. I could download this .jpg file on another computer, renamed it back to .rar and than I could unpack my files, which weren't corrupted because of the renaming.

I've got the student "free" package too with unlimited photo and video storage.

• @GM2015 said:

What exactly do you mean by this?
    I am experimenting with acd_cli (works great!) also in combination with encfs (not so great) at the moment. You should have no problems due to the public API!

• @Bochi said:
    I am experimenting with acd_cli (works great!) also in combination with encfs (not so great) at the moment. You should have no problems due to the public API!

acd_cli + encfs works fine for me. if you upload too many unencrypted linux isos they may check for what you use the storage and if you host any obviously copyrighted isos.

• @mosan7763 said:
    acd_cli + encfs works fine for me. if you upload too many unencrypted linux isos they may check for what you use the storage and if you host any obviously copyrighted isos.

Needs some tweaking on my side I think, default block size causes too many small packets what kills my CPU and throughput.
    And don't worry, not going to use it for anything like this. ;) Not my business...
    Was evaluating this as an alternative to encrypting my servers backups with duply, such that especially the weaker ones don't hit any limits while backing up. So my main backup would just collect the backups from duply / rsync and then put it to ACD.

• NikkiNikki Member
    edited December 2015

@GM2015 said:
    Interesting to know.

nikki got something. amirite?

I may or may not be sitting on a node server that accepts files over http and now ftp (which also supports listing, renaming, moving, etc), auto encrypts, and sends it up to cloud drive >.>

I'll consider putting it somewhere, possibly on github, but for now I need to do some cleanup on it. It'll also have no instructions, though it's pretty simple to figure out I hope.

Thanked by 2Bochi srvrpro
  • Meant no offense.

I know as much about coding as a chicken knows about tying its shoelaces.

Nikki said: I may or may not be sitting on a node server that accepts files over http and now ftp (which also supports listing, renaming, moving, etc), auto encrypts, and sends it up to cloud drive >.>

I'll consider putting it somewhere, possibly on github, but for now I need to do some cleanup on it. It'll also have no instructions, though it's pretty simple to figure out I hope.

• @Nikki said:

That'll be awesome!

• How would one move your storage off Amazon at a later stage if need be? Would you be able to RSYNC to a new backup host or ... ?

• @jeromeza said:
    How would one move your storage off Amazon at a later stage if need be? Would you be able to RSYNC to a new backup host or ... ?

Sure, if you mount it via FUSE - should be no problem then.
    Otherwise I would suggest rclone, but there are many more tools that feature downloading from Amazon Cloud Drive.

• Update to this, my account was approved and is working fine.

• No promises as to how good it is, but it does support HTTP uploads (useful for curl) and FTP (For other predefined services, even backup software)

https://github.com/nikkiii/backupd