Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS on any Panel other than cPanel for My Client (Edited)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS on any Panel other than cPanel for My Client (Edited)

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
edited December 2015 in Help

Hi,

Anyone have vast experience on CWP aka CentOS Web Panel ??

I've configured nearly everything, installed IonCube Loader and it loads fine then migrated My WHMCS (hosted in cPanel) to it and configured SSL but it shows 500 Internal Server Error after pointing to the IP :(

I used the auto migration script. Should I try a Manual migration ?? I checked all the files & databases, everything is in correct place !

Thanks.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

500 ISE typically reports the actual error to the web server logs. Did you check those for more insight?

Also this doesn't sound like a great idea. Experimental panel that runs as root and customer data would be a bad combo.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said:
    500 ISE typically reports the actual error to the web server logs. Did you check those for more insight?

Also this doesn't sound like a great idea. Experimental panel that runs as root and customer data would be a bad combo.

Not going to use cPanel for a Site only ! And I assume, if it runs then there will be no problem at all ! Will try another one now ! And unfortunately, there is no log -_- I tried to visit the URL again and again so that log generates but there is nothing :/

edited December 2015

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Not going to use cPanel for a Site only

You don't have to use a control panel :)

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    And I assume, if it runs then there will be no problem at all

That is a very unfortunate statement in response to a security warning. I really hope you're not storing customer data.

You might want to consider shared hosting like BuyShared.

Thanked by 1socials
  • Instead of CWP. I would rather you run CLI vzctl

Wait, do you run this site?

https://www.syncserve.net

@jarland said:
    You don't have to use a control panel :)

So, you mean I should run from Command Line (I mean Like simple installation of PHP & some functions ?? )

@jarland said:
    You might want to consider shared hosting like BuyShared.

Aldryic banned Me from using BuyShared (Or, any other Frantech Products) just for a misunderstanding & I became tired to make him understand & at last, I gave up.

@jarland said:
    Wait, do you run this site?

https://www.syncserve.net

Yeah, that's mine. Anything astonishing ??

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Yeah, that's mine. Anything astonishing ??

Yes. I'm going to refrain from expanding on it. This is very difficult for me. I can only hope someone else will say what I want to say.

@jarland said:
    Yes. I'm going to refrain from expanding on it. This is very difficult for me. I can only hope someone else will say what I want to say.

Better if you tell :P Will I come private ??

edited December 2015

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Better if you tell

You're posing as a hosting provider and taking client information when you have no idea how to troubleshoot a 500 error, have no idea how to run a server without a control panel, and you're not even willing to put up a few dollars each month to at least run a panel that has been solid for years with fast developer reaction to vulnerabilities.

I can only hope that whoever gets your WHMCS database is kind enough to warn the people in it.

I couldn't hold it back. This is why people's information gets compromised.

Thanked by 2Junkless AlexanderM

@jarland said:
    I can only hope that whoever gets your WHMCS database is kind enough to warn the people in it.

Not that really ! It's in Good Platform already, My one is secured ! One of My Clients who actually doesn't run Web Hosting Company but uses WHMCS for some extra research (something in development, not sure enough), he asked for this. And I was just roaming around to give him something pleasant. It will be very hard if I try to teach him LEMP Stack or something from Command Line :)

• why not get a simple shared hosting account ... or better...if you are a hosting provider, YOU provide him a small shared hosting account with cpanel fort it ?

• Have you checked your PHP memory limits and error logs?

Otherwise, try VestaCP.

• Well if you do not want cPanel, then go for VestaCP, now even has a file manager ( for a monthly fee )....

• webuzo ?

• So did you ever find someone to send you a "Phone Bill/Utility Bill" so you can edit it (fraud) and use it to unlock your PayPal account @Mahfuz_SS_EHL

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

Did you check error log?

• cwp has that error even with boxbilling, why not run w/o a control panel?
    if you are interested in shared hosting with cPanel (we have WHMCS being used for production), kindly PM for more info.

• vim /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
    or
    nano /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log

Then search for the error...shouldn't be that hard if it's the only site.