Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for free collaboration platform
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for free collaboration platform

edited December 2015 in General

Currently looking for a free platform that can do the following:

• Multiple Projects w/ permissions for users
  • Task management (delegation/completeness/comments)
  • File Sharing/Review
  • Chat
  • Some kind of way to keep track of bugs/issues

Would be nice if

• It could be self hosted
  • Runnable in shared cPanel
  • Light on resources, not really interested in filling up a 2G KVM with a single app
  • Usable by people who don't really know what they are doing

It must have a way of adding people to the platform without them having to have the same domain.

tldr;

Going back to school next month and don't want to have to open another FB account, used to use flyspray, but it sucks

Comments

• edited December 2015

Not sure if project means code, but you can take a look at Gogs. It's a pretty nice clone of what GitHub has to offer.

• Multiple repositories with ability to set to private and allow certain users to gain access
    • Issues & pull requests

Self hosted, don't think it works in cPanel, runs well within the 128MB LowEndSpirit KVM box I got from @AnthonySmith.

Hope this helps!

Demo of Gogs available here.

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • We used "Teamlab" for this, worked pretty well.
    They renamed to ONLYOFFICE and I lately don't get their concept of making money (different versions) though...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
  • edited December 2015

@theroyalstudent said:
    Not sure if project means code, but you can take a look at Gogs. It's a pretty nice clone of what GitHub has to offer.

• Multiple repositories with ability to set to private and allow certain users to gain access
    • Issues & pull requests

Self hosted, don't think it works in cPanel, runs well within the 128MB LowEndSpirit KVM box I got from AnthonySmith.

Hope this helps!

Demo of Gogs available here.

Not really looking for code collaboration though I do have gogs

@Bochi said:
    We used "Teamlab" for this, worked pretty well.
    They renamed to ONLYOFFICE and I lately don't get their concept of making money (different versions) though...

Thanks,

Trying it right now though mem usage seems to be a bit higher than 1GB, I caved and bought a 1G arubacloud to host it.

Edit:

Original Memory Usage:

I set the max-heap-size lower for all of the apps, managed to get it down to a reasonable level:

Edit #2: It eventually crashed, max-heap-size makes it too unstable. Moving on to openatrium...

Thanks, will test soon :)

• Apache Wave?

• Managed to get openatrium working, seems to have everything that I need.

Thanked by 1raindog308