Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SPBAS Anyone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SPBAS Anyone?

jhjh Member
edited January 2013 in General

Just wondering if anyone here has used SPBAS (www.spbas.com) in a production environment and what their experience was? I'm contemplating a move from WHMCS to SPBAS owing mainly to the security issues with WHMCS but also with the 99% source it opens up the possibility of improving the software for my needs.

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Looks better than WHMCS, and HostBill imo. I switched to HostBill from WHMCS and am regretting it though - I'm contemplating switching back to WHMCS because I just can't get on with HostBill, although the SolusVM integration is fantastic.

I can't find something that works for me either :(

• Our software is all about simplicity, once you are close to reaching your customer limit a message will appear in your administration panel prompting you to upgrade your license. If you exceed the customer limit, your access to the administration panel will be disabled. However, you'll always be able to accept your new orders and your customers will always be able to access the customer area.

...what?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Looks quite attractive. Though I've no experience to offer, thanks for the share!

@dominicl Notepad!

Notepad? :3 I don't get that.

• I started using it after it came out to manage billing and licensing on a software site, good bunch of developers behind it, it's packed full of features and has come a long way since it first came out.

It's wasn't the the best designed software back when I used it, could be hard to use at times because of the way the administration area was built and I've also not tried out the new hosting/domain modules so no idea what they're like. Hopefully they've improved it now, I gave them a bunch of suggestions which they got done in the next release and any bugs were promptly fixed.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited January 2013

Does it have functionality to automatically remove 'inactive' customers?

• @Damian said: Does it have functionality to automatically remove 'inactive' customers?

Don't think so, you could easily create a module to do that though. They have a pretty well documented API.

• Nice style, looks pretty good, but the whole "your access to the administration panel will be disabled" that's just shit. It's a crap sales idea to try to sell it if you reach a limit you'll be disabled basically, especially when its a customer limit.

I can see like what Box Billing does the max products limit, thats fine, but a customer limit, really?

• the guy who owns zamfoo and the owners of this software are at odd's

• @AsadHaider said: Don't think so, you could easily create a module to do that though. They have a pretty well documented API.

We'd have to start with the $599/year plan at our current customer level... I wish they had a monthly license available.

edited January 2013

@Damian said: We'd have to start with the $599/year plan at our current customer level... I wish they had a monthly license available.

Contact them? They might be able to sort something - you never know.

@Damian said: $599/year plan

and it's one time :)

• gameongameon Member
    edited January 2013

Whoa its way too pricey .. even the support/updates come at an exorbitant charge :|

• @dominicl said: and it's one time :)

Yes, except....

@gameon said: even the support/updates come at an exorbitant charge :|

This. Only 6 months of support for the initial round, AND I have to pay $150 for the source?

• jhjh Member

To be fair you don't get the source with WHMCS etc at all

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited January 2013

In my eyes, this software doesn't seem worth its price. It may look all fancy-dancy and premium, but I don't find it notable/reputable enough. Searching 'spbas review' on Google has this thread on the first page.

If it was me, I'd stick with another billing system.

• @curtisg said: Nice style, looks pretty good, but the whole "your access to the administration panel will be disabled" that's just shit.

Yeah, it replaces the admin area with a license error and a box to update/reenter your license.

@Damian said: We'd have to start with the $599/year plan at our current customer level... I wish they had a monthly license available.

Hmm maybe contact them, they used to do monthly licenses and I've still got one from before they stopped it. But yeah I guess it kinda sucks.

• @jhadley said: To be fair you don't get the source with WHMCS etc at all

WHMCS also doesn't cost $50/month, doesn't charge additional $ for support on monthly licenses, other people use it, and I can find information on it.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited January 2013

@jhadley said: To be fair you don't get the source with WHMCS etc at all

They have sold it before to people that ask, I would assume it is out of anyones budget here though.

This looks cool but spending $600 bucks for something I have never heard of kinda sucks. I hate the per customer bullshit.