Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unmetered US VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unmetered US VPS?

Looking for several providers in the US with unmetered bandwidth, or very high bandwidth (at least 10 TB). I won't usually be using anywhere close to 10 TB, but I'm wanting a server where I don't have to worry about reaching the bandwidth limit.

Comments

• @serverhunter said:
    Looking for several providers in the US with unmetered bandwidth, or very high bandwidth (at least 10 TB). I won't usually be using anywhere close to 10 TB, but I'm wanting a server where I don't have to worry about reaching the bandwidth limit.

So how much do you actually use?

• @Brad said:
    So how much do you actually use?

Usually less then 1-2TB, but it varies greatly. Its important that it doesn't get shut off.

• What are you hosting exactly that you need 900% more bandwidth that what you will usually use?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

You could try Linode, they have a pretty reasonable $0.02/GB bandwidth overage fee (that's just $20/TB) -- https://www.linode.com/docs/platform/billing-and-payments

QuadraNet InfraCloud is $0.01/GB, but I'm not sure if you have to order it in advance -- http://www.quadranet.com/cloud/

There's also of course OVH in Montreal (https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml), but not quite U.S.

Unmetered plans from small companies often don't work out well. Per-GB pricing is usually better option, unless server stability isn't important.

• @Brad said:
    What are you hosting exactly that you need 900% more bandwidth that what you will usually use?

VPN, several people will be using it, and I can not estimate what their uses will be.

• RyanMaxeyRyanMaxey Member
    edited December 2015

serverhunter said: VPN, several people will be using it, and I can not estimate what their uses will be.

So monitor usage and make changes/buy more bandwidth if needed.

• serverhunter said: Usually less then 1-2TB, but it varies greatly. Its important that it doesn't get shut off.

I know SolusVM will send an email alert when you are approaching your limit. I offer KVM in Los Angeles on Quadranet's network and only account for outbound traffic, extra traffic is $6/mo per 1tb

• Take a look at LetBox.

Thanked by 1thharris
  • bersy said: Take a look at LetBox.

A truly unmetered VPS would allow Tor relays or other high-bandwidth applications. Not to mention LETBox's shoddy reputation. They suspended my server for going over 0.1 CPU loads for about an hour. A little absurd if you ask me but I won't complain.

• Gunter said: A truly unmetered VPS would allow Tor relays or other high-bandwidth applications. Not to mention LETBox's shoddy reputation. They suspended my server for going over 0.1 CPU loads for about an hour. A little absurd if you ask me but I won't complain.

Did you use a Tor Relay or anything else that is not allowed on their VPS?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@Gunter said:

Can please pm your register email with us? I'd like to check this for you it's weird since we never do that without a reason.

I'm looking forward to see your PM.

Thanks

• i can recommend HostUS and EVOBURST

Great hosts but you need to be have a conversation before getting the service

and pls give the details like specs,price the location you favor @serverhunter

• How unlimited is their unlimited bandwidth? Is there any guaranteed speed?

simonindia said: i can recommend HostUS and EVOBURST

Great hosts but you need to be have a conversation before getting the service

OP needs umnetered or 10TB bandwidth mate.

• 100mbit I could do in LA? KVM or OVZ?

• @bersy i wrote it because Evoburst and HOSTUS are reliable hosts in my books who can do custom plan like this if he can talk to hosts and i'm just giving OP some choice and you should read the comments that OP wrote and help him not question others it might always derail the thread (but i don't care when some one questions but it derails the thread mostly )

@serverhunter said:
    Usually less then 1-2TB, but it varies greatly. Its important that it doesn't get shut off.

serverhunter said: VPN, several people will be using it, and I can not estimate what their uses will be.

• 10-4

• GunterGunter Member
    edited December 2015

@key900 said:
    Can please pm your register email with us? I'd like to check this for you it's weird since we never do that without a reason.

I'm not dealing with your shit support again. I don't care about verification nor do I want to continue my services with you.

@bersy said:

No. Apache backend.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2015

@Gunter said:

Thanks for kind words. when i ask for your Email that i want to show why is the services suspended fair enough? We would never shutdown services without reasons, what is your story! humm we have over 3 years happy clients with us.

Thanks again