Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help me to buy smartphone
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

help me to buy smartphone

what is the requirement

ram - 3gb or 4
cam - 16M+
infrared
latest android version (upgradeble) ( like samsung they will not give for old model ) so no useful

battery - 3500mah +
card slot

other thing no need to post like this requirement it will get good possessor

new or upcoming please suggest budget 650-700$ in my mind

Motorola Droid Turbo 2 is there
http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_droid_turbo_2-7713.php

Other than this and if somebody using this phone please tell me the con and pros

Comments

• OnePlus2.

Redmi Note 3.

Samsung S6.

• +1 Redmi Note 3

bought mine. Waiting for delivery.

• TerminTermin Member
    edited December 2015

@TheKiller said:
    OnePlus2.

Redmi Note 3.

Samsung S6.

1.2 no card slot no infrared

1. no update after 2 year
  • TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited December 2015

Just bought a LeTV x600, it's cheap and fast from a reputable company in China.

Probably not what OP wants, but might be interested by others.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited December 2015

Maybe Sony Xperia Z5?

Asking for a MicroSD Card slot, huge battery, infrared, and updates.....

Maybe LG V10? The battery isn't that large, but it's user replaceable.

Nexus 6P would of fit your qualifications if not for the infrared and lack of MicroSD Card slot.

Note 4 might be a phone to consider as well.

If you don't mind me asking, are you in Europe or USA or Asia?

• edited December 2015

If you want something cheaper that lasts pretty well, go for the Xperia Z3. Great if you like taking photos and videos (4K yay), but also good performance.

Battery is under what you're asking for, but the power saving features makes it last much longer.

Shot at 8MP, pretty good?

Shot at 20MP:

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • edited December 2015

@RockBeltHOST said:
    +1 Redmi Note 3

bought mine. Waiting for delivery.

Software updates are never a priority for Redmis, you might regret. Don't expect custom ROMs since its running on a MTK chip too:/

• @lontong said:

Don't worry, it didn't taste as good as I wanted it to be.
    Never going back to this restaurant again.

• @theroyalstudent said:
    Software updates are never a priority for Redmis, you might regret. Don't expect custom ROMs since its running on a MTK chip too:/

I own already redmi note and mi note pro, updates are quite frequent if you are on original ROM ? mi pro gets update every 2 weeks or less.

• @RockBeltHOST said:
    I own already redmi note and mi note pro, updates are quite frequent if you are on original ROM ? mi pro gets update every 2 weeks or less.

Dev ROM (Global) is not as updated as Dev ROM (China), so yeah. I'm have a Redmi Note 3G.

Mi Note Pro, pretty solid device (but only Mi Note available here). How's the camera? Post some shots here!

• @clamhost said:

Nexus 6P would of fit your qualifications

"would have", or "would've", and not "would of".

http://www.perfect-english-grammar.com/could-have-should-have-would-have.html

• I have Xiaomi Mi4C & Redmi Note 2 Prime ... both is good you can go with any of them ... Mi4C is just awesome excluding card slot though its also heat up little bit more than normal ...

Also can go with https://oneplus.net/x/specs

though it will not fulfill your battery backup ... but its good ...

Overall going with Xiaomi or One Plus will give you different taste of smartphones ... Also don't forget to take a look at Meizu and LeTV devices ... :)

• bump Nexus 6P is nice but no card slot and no infrared >.... is anyone know now droid turbo which os currently running are the giving os update fast ?

• @Termin said:
    bump Nexus 6P is nice but no card slot and no infrared >.... is anyone know now droid turbo which os currently running are the giving os update fast ?

I've watched reviews and it has Pathetic battery life.

• +1 for red mi note 2

• Nothing beats Nexus devices for Android.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

hostnoob said: Nothing beats Nexus devices for Android.

IMHO, Sony z5 better than Nexus

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

• If you reserve your more serious computing tasks for a tablet, then you can get by with a cheaper non-flagship phone. Non-flagship phones typically cost just a fraction of the price of a brand's flagship phones.

• edited December 2015

+1

Learned over the years to just get a shit phone and a Good tablet. Currently have a Samsung discover (garbage) but use it only for data/text/calling when I don't have WiFi or a site detects my voipms number. It's linked up to my tablet so I do everything from there instead

• @SilentFarter @ALinuxNinja

Do you guys not take pictures or selfies with your phones? As a student, I can't imagine myself using a low resolution camera :/

So for me, I have a Z3 and a MiPad right now, Z3 for entertainment (and social media), MiPad for web browsing, music and managing my servers.

For data, a cheap phone wouldn't do the job anyway, battery life might just suck big time, so it might not last long on portable hotspot usage...

Anyway, Z3 for 300 USD ("used", seems unused), and MiPad (got it in a trade, traded in a iPad Mini 1 16GB ~$250 USD)

Sounds good?

• @ALinuxNinja said:
    Currently have a Samsung discover (garbage)

At least they didn't bother to throw in TouchWiz on such a LowEndDevice :)

• My Sony Xperia Z3 is great, but no IR :(

• @theroyalstudent said:
    SilentFarter ALinuxNinja

Do you guys not take pictures or selfies with your phones? As a student, I can't imagine myself using a low resolution camera :/

So for me, I have a Z3 and a MiPad right now, Z3 for entertainment (and social media), MiPad for web browsing, music and managing my servers.

For data, a cheap phone wouldn't do the job anyway, battery life might just suck big time, so it might not last long on portable hotspot usage...

Anyway, Z3 for 300 USD ("used", seems unused), and MiPad (got it in a trade, traded in a iPad Mini 1 16GB ~$250 USD)

Sounds good?

Ma tablet has way better camera. Never liked phone as they are too small for my large fingers.

It increases my chance of typos to a too-high level.

That being said, my tablet camera is better than my phone's camera, but I am a broke student so I have to upload via wifi most of the time lol

• sony fail , once fell down phone finished :P and no update for old device

• @Termin said:
    sony fail , once fell down phone finished :P and no update for old device

That is what a case is for -_-

• theroyalstudent said: If you want something cheaper that lasts pretty well, go for the Xperia Z3. Great if you like taking photos and videos (4K yay), but also good performance.

Battery is under what you're asking for, but the power saving features makes it last much longer.

Agree! The Z3 is an awesome device.

Termin said: battery - 3500mah

This is like saying a server should be fast: it all depends on the circumstances.

My Z3 usually had over 50% left after 2 hours of streaming, 30 minute of phone calls, 30 minutes of emailing, some texting, and the occasional checking of Clash of Clans over an 18-hour period.

• I've just purchased the one plus two.. But sick of my iPhone 6 Plus and fancies going back to android.

Good price and spec and I remember buying my mum the one plus one and she was really happy with it.