Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sentris - Reviews - Any one??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sentris - Reviews - Any one??

darknessendsdarknessends Member
edited January 2013 in General

Hi,

Any one has idea of how sentris data center is, support and hardware.

Comments

• It's horrible according to Alex @ LiquidHost and what Fran said.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@concerto49 said: It's horrible according to Alex @ LiquidHost and what Fran said.

I used them many years ago and they were just garbage. Alex used them recent (within the last year) and they sold him faulty drives.

He ended up losing the node and there was nothing him or I could do to get it to reassemble.

Bad drives happen but I know I had the same issue with them all those years ago as well as their inability to install a private switch.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Francisco 8:42AM Flag

@concerto49 said: It's horrible according to Alex @ LiquidHost and what Fran said.

I used them many years ago and they were just garbage. Alex used them recent (within the last year) and they sold him faulty drives.

He ended up losing the node and there was nothing him or I could do to get it to reassemble.

Bad drives happen but I know I had the same issue with them all those years ago as well as their inability to install a private switch.

Francisco

Recommend a good dedi provider - who keeps prices genuine and new hardware.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2013

OVH, DataShack, LiquidWeb, SoftLayer
    In order of cheapest to most expensive :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@darknessends said: Recommend a good dedi provider - who keeps prices genuine and new hardware.

Honestly if you don't need bleeding edge E3's and things like L5420's would work for you? Dacentec does great prices and RTO for you.

If you want something newer you could talk with Jon from Colocrossing and he can do good deals in Buffalo and maybe LA.

Francisco

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2013

I still have nodes at Sentris.

Taking away the bad support and the faulty drives they have put into 1 of the nodes, everything else has beenr ock solid for 1 year and a half, I have to admit that. If you do not need support, that you would be okey. We've agreed witht hem to put auto nullroutes at DDoS over gbps, so it would not affect my customers and their clients, so pretty much I haven't had to open a ticket from Sept (when the drives died). The network is good, so is the DC, no power failures or networks drops. The last network drop was around 5 months ago.

The techs on the other side are complete idiots - there is 1 guy that knows what he is doing, everyone else have no idea what to do, or how to do it. There is one tech that always pullls the plug out of the servers to fix them, who caused the first data corruption on one of my nodes, even when I specifically asked him not ot pwoer-cycle it. They don't speak fluent english as well, however it is udnerstandable. Network to Asia and US is nice. I get around 220ms from Bulgaria, which is still nice. I did notice they changed my blend on one of my nodes, which caused around 5% packetloss to Bulgaria, but it did get resolved.

I wouldn't choose them for anything mission-critical. I just can't find other Seattle provider to move out 3 nodes at the same time. Wouldn't choose them for Colo either, however they are not that bad for other things. Also they have somere ally nice offerings. If you get one of the new E3/E5's with hardware RAID and BBU + the 600GB 10k RPM SAS drives, which should be new, you wouldn't have a problem at all, pretty sure about that, as long as you monitor the hardware.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Alex_LiquidHost said: I just can't find other Seattle provider to move out 3 nodes at the same time.

I believe @NickO uses RackD (DoctorCloud) for some things. They have their own network in WowRack (ServerStadium) and CommercialMedia I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, Nick. They seem helpful while I've never used them before apart from Sales.

Take a look at superb.net too.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@dominicl said: Take a look at superb.net too.

Out of my budget, they charge 300$ for i5.

CommercialMedia seem to shady for production servers. Never used RackD myself, however when I contacted them, I wasn't impressed. I have 4-5 nodes with Colocrossing in Seattle, pretty much awesome, so they will be my choice most likely.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Alex_LiquidHost said: I have 4-5 nodes with Colocrossing in Seattle, pretty much awesome, so they will be my choice most likely.

Colocrossing are good, didn't know they did Seattle ;) Stick with them and buy more there then!

• @Alex_LiquidHost Yeah CommercialMedia are getting harder to contact by the day; I've personally given up on them