Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM VPS + Filtered IP vs RamNode + BuyVM Filtered IP - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM VPS + Filtered IP vs RamNode + BuyVM Filtered IP

2»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

perennate said: And network-level DDoS filtering like the type offered by BuyVM and RamNode generally isn't effective in protecting against application-layer attacks, like HTTP request flood.

Our filtering has L7 protection :) It isn't uber stuff, but it works for (almost?) all of the reflection attacks. Normally anyone that is leaking through we do localized filtering without much issue.

I had a managed dedicated server customer the other week eating 40k - 50k requests/second and we were able to shave that down to a few thousand/second after Voxility's own filtering. The last of it we handled local to his service.

Francisco

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @Nick_A said:
    Was going to say send me a PM and we'd work something out but sounds like you've moved forward already. Hopefully you factored in our 10% discount for annual payments in your price comparison.

Nick and LET now

• postcdpostcd Member

@xaitmi
    can You please say how your BuyVM VPS+filtered IP work? It has been some time. Did it stopped all attacks or some put down your BuyVM based site?

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited July 2016

@postcd said:
    @xaitmi
    can You please say how your BuyVM VPS+filtered IP work? It has been some time. Did it stopped all attacks or some put down your BuyVM based site?

Service was great, was able to mitigate most attacks but I ended up cancelling the VPS after a months mainly to save money.

I host my sites on RamNode/HostUS now and use 2 NGINX reverse proxies located at OVH and Voxility.

If one goes down due to an attack another reverse proxy automatically kicks in.

Instead of paying BuyVM (5.95+3= 8.95 * 12 = 107.4/yr ) My whole setup costs a little less than $40 a year and has been working fine for me.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@xaitmi said:

@postcd said:
    @xaitmi

Service was great, was able to mitigate most attacks but I ended up cancelling the VPS after a months mainly to save money.

I host my sites on RamNode/HostUS now and use 2 NGINX reverse proxies located at OVH and Voxility.

Instead of paying BuyVM (5.95+3= 8.95 * 12 = 107.4/yr ) My whole setup costs a little less than $40 a year and has been working fine for me.

How do you setup your web stack? High availability?

• KobeKobe Member

@xaitmi said:

@postcd said:
    @xaitmi

Who provides your reverse proxies?

• xaitmixaitmi Member

@Kobe said:

@xaitmi said:

@postcd said:
    @xaitmi

Who provides your reverse proxies?

Reverse Proxies I just buy a VPS and setup one on it, its simple.

OVH I use AlbaHost

Never had any downtime with them in the past few months.

For voxility, IxamHosting, although I'm looking for an alternate provider to replace my box with them.