Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got Ripped Off at Skrill AKA account hacked
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Got Ripped Off at Skrill AKA account hacked

noamannoaman Member
edited December 2015 in Help

Hi
My account was hacked and I lost 160 USD :-(

Anybody here had any experience like this?

Comments

• How can you loose 160$ when your acc got hacked? Was it loaded on that and they just payd it out or what? Did you already contacted them?

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

did you try to find out , how this was happened ? and try to prevent it , so it does not happen in near future !

Also contact skrill ASAP

• I have contacted them and filled out some stupid form

• I have changed my password and my email address no fuck*** idea how it happened

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

maybe you clicked on some spam mails ? and filled some stupid forms there too !(or using same password everywhere)

• no I didnot

• hacked
    lost $160
    failed to follow proper security
    blames skrill

• Are you sure it wasn't a Skrill 'account charge', their charges seem to be very variable.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Skrill sucks, don't use them. If you ever had to deal with them on a business level you will never want to use them again.

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • Bro...they shoudl authorize properly usin 2 pin method.

• And they also shoul send notifications about each logins.

• No it wasnot it was a transfer to some other account.

• @noaman said:
    No it wasnot it was a transfer to some other account.

they have 2f ?

• I dont know. .but they should have

• Cool story bro.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I dropped them a long time ago, useless when compared to stripe.

• @joe2.
    its true...you want a screenshot ?

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited December 2015

@noaman said:
    Bro...they shoudl authorize properly usin 2 pin method.

They do have additional security layer called Skrill Security Token which is a physical device & generates one time unique passwords. It costs 15 € but Skrill VIP customers receive their first Skrill Security Token free of charge.

http://help.skrill.com/en/Article/services/security/what-is-the-skrill-security-token-and-how-do-i-order-one

• someone hacked my account When amount dedicated (1100$) from my account i updated skrill by that even i called inform about it later they asked me to send dispute form, copy of my IDs, bank statment and address confirmation.. on last reply from skill i got this answer ((Unfortunately we are not in a position to assist you with a refund of the unauthorized transactions as the funds have already left our system.)) I think that skill steal my money. I am really disappointed with skrill

• nepsneps Member

Skrill sucks. Tried them once when getting fed up with PayPal, the experience actually made me appreciate PayPal more.

• Layer03Layer03 Member, Host Rep

I very rarely use skrill, i got it to get their euro mastercard.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited March 2016

tr1cky said: Skrill sucks, don't use them. If you ever had to deal with them on a business level you will never want to use them again.

The following happened way back in 2006 when they were known as Moneybookers. They wouldn't let me take the last 50GBP out of my account..even after having the account for more than a year and transacting over 2000GBP over that period

• Talk about necro :p

As much as I dislike PayPal, their phone support is very helpful and that's one plus for them.