Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS

2»

Comments

• @theroyalstudent
    How are they going to know your IP when you are behind a VPN/Proxy
    ?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2015

theroyalstudent said: 1 Dedicated IPv4

cost between $1 - $3, so

it will be impossible, unless the following:

1) company is happy to trade at loss, as majority of ebay traders do!

2) some companies are for quick pick up customers in order to sell quick company, this is new way to do business.

• hm, that's a low ping time, my results are similar to what you got from digitalocean.

though mine is 1am in france, 8am in singapore vs your 2pm in france and 1130pm singapore. probably not much difference there (on a weekday)

• @noaman said:
    theroyalstudent
    How are they going to know your IP when you are behind a VPN/Proxy
    ?

I didn't say that they would know your real IP...

Because you're using the server's IP address to torrent, all copyright notices or warnings will be sent to the server company.

• @theroyalstudent said:

Company must not be a Online.net, OVH or GVH reseller, must be around for at least 1 year.

GVH is back?.

• PetaByet said: GVH is back?.

eh, if you knew....

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@PetaByet said:

Guess who's back. Back again. Jonny's back, tell the feds.

Anyway, he's running spam ops out of HVH, ServerHub, QuadraNet, and anyone else that'll sell him space. He's already had SBL listings at each of these places and they have all had domains that relate back to him somewhere in them.

Francisco

• @theroyalstudent

The server would also be behind a proxy ..:-p

But i guess then speeds would be too low..so basically the server ....running deluge will use bitguard or some other vpn service and download the torrent..
    My question was that ..will any provider allow you to do that..provided...that you tell them what you are doing

Also....providrrs also need to care about the I/O and network too...

I hope I am clear

• @Francisco said: he's running spam ops out of HVH, ServerHub, QuadraNet, and anyone else that'll sell him space

Oof. They all that hard up for cash?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@mikeyur said:
    Oof. They all that hard up for cash?

Some of the vendors I wouldn't doubt, others are likely oblivious to it.

Francisco

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited December 2015

You can try http://www.time4vps.eu/aff.php?aff=374 for torrents

They can find out when you download the file as the hosting server can see the big files stored on the Vps server. They know how the oscillating of torrent bandwidth goes

Proxy will safe the host from copyrighted buy not the client as the hosting provider can find out.

@noaman said:
    My question was that ..will any provider allow you to do that..provided...that you tell them >what you are doing

Yes maybe those who allow private torrents only. No for who do not allow torrent.

• @noaman said:
    theroyalstudent

The server would also be behind a proxy ..:-p

But i guess then speeds would be too low..so basically the server ....running deluge will use bitguard or some other vpn service and download the torrent..
    My question was that ..will any provider allow you to do that..provided...that you tell them what you are doing

Also....providrrs also need to care about the I/O and network too...

I hope I am clear

I'm hoping that server providers would be okay with private torrents, since there is a much lower chance of them getting DMCA takedown requests and whatever warnings.

Disk I/O isn't that intensive here with that much torrents, used iotop, its not like Transmission is constantly reading and writing to the disk.

• @PetaByet said:

I feel that it's impossible for Nuggets to get out of this industry, so yeah.

That was a joke anyway. GVH reseller, what even.

• After work, goes on LET.
    7 notifications.
    Well, I thought there was gonna be some LE* drama going on :/