Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DollarVZ,How can binding domain?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DollarVZ,How can binding domain?

Only have 21 Dedicated NAT ports,How can I binding domain with DollarVZ VPS ?

Comments

• Create a ticket, if they have a reverse proxy they'll set that up.

If not use Cloudflares IPv4 to IPv6 tech

Thanked by 1hcyh07116
  • Thank you,This vps has no IPV6.

• @hcyh07116 said:

Oh, I wasn't aware of that, might want to create a ticket then..

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited December 2015

You have 24 usable ports. there is 25 in total but one is reserved for the SSH Port. all of the usable ports start from 1-25 above the SSH Port we provided to you in the setup email. if you want us to enable reverse proxy submit a help request on the forums.

https://nexhost.net/forums/forums/vps.11/

• @NexHost
    How your company hosts has no guide book? Find the available ports are waste a lot of effort.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@hych07116 Why did you order it then?

Thanked by 3ATHK Caster bersy
  • how do you find the shared ip address?

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2015

@thharris said:
    how do you find the shared ip address?

Usually the node IP, if you have outbound IPv4 working then http://ifconfig.co/

• well the problem is I can't ssh in the only ip they gave me was 192.168.0.XXX

• @thharris said:
    well the problem is I can't ssh in the only ip they gave me was 192.168.0.XXX

Any console terminal in the panel?

• thanks wych the Serial Console in virtualizor had the same ip as the box.

now i just need to figure out how to get any web address to resolve, apt get update fails

Err http://ftp.debian.org wheezy Release.gpg
    Temporary failure resolving 'ftp.debian.org'

• Do a ping 8.8.8.8

If that doesn't resolve, look at the /etc/resolve.conf file

If you have cURL installed do a

curl ifconfig.co

To see your public IP.

• ATHK said: If that doesn't resolve, look at the /etc/resolve.conf file

That's it. Their standard template lists some opendns servers which are not resolving.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited December 2015

@hcyh07116 said:

NexHost was recently taken over. the old owner let the server expire. we did not have to continue the NAT VPS but decided to. There is 50-80 tickets on a daily basis from NAT Customers. so how are we able to document/write guides. when we are overrun with support requests. we have just restored most of the clients.

The Usable Ports are always the same 1-25 above the SSH Port Provided in the welcome email there was a snippet stating this.

@Frecyboy said:
    That's it. Their standard template lists some opendns servers which are not resolving.

This specific error is annoying and is difficult to find the issue. Have to go through and compare several 100 lines of iptable rules to find the root cause of the issue. Some VPS respond to the DNS Queries but others don't. yet they all have the same rules. and there is nothing on the DDoS Filtering-side to block it. and every VPS is able to ping 8.8.8.8 4.2.2.2 without a issue.

• Thank you all.