Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blacklist matter for DNS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Blacklist matter for DNS?

I'm getting ready to setup a few DNS only servers. I want to get them added as cheap as possible, so was looking at HVH...but I know they've had a lot of blacklisting issues before.

No mail will be going through the servers, all that will be active on them is the DNS server and firewall of course. Do you think it would be a good idea to use HVH in this circumstance, or should I try to find something better quality?

(and if anyone has any recommendations for something that's not on the colocrossing network but still provides a comparable price that would be awesome ($2.50 a month at HVH)...just looking for 512mb ram, would prefer KVM, but not absolutely required)

Comments

• Nope

• can't you run a dns network of yours on lowendspirit servers?

Miami seems to be down right now, but other than that it's mostly fine for the price.

• DanielBDanielB Member
    edited December 2015

@GM2015 said:
    can't you run a dns network of yours on lowendspirit servers?

Miami seems to be down right now, but other than that it's mostly fine for the price.

I don't have much experience in the lowend world yet, never even see lowendspirit. Are most offers on there normally pretty decent quality networks/datacenters?

Edit: it looks like lowendspirit stuff doesn't come with dedicated IPv4 address, which makes it useless for my DNS network.

• Ok, I don't have own dns servers yet, so didn't know nat would be a problem.

DanielB said: I don't have much experience in the lowend world yet, never even see lowendspirit. Are most offers on there normally pretty decent quality networks/datacenters?

Edit: it looks like lowendspirit stuff doesn't come with dedicated IPv4 address, which makes it useless for my DNS network.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited December 2015

@GM2015 said:
    Ok, I don't have own dns servers yet, so didn't know nat would be a problem.

it would be because( @spellcheckguy ) of 53/UDP port

but there is Budgetvz.com or @virmach with 5$/year openvz VPS with Dedicated ipv4

• because*

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • You don't have to write * after every word.

spellcheckguy said: because*

Thanked by 1spellcheckguy