Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell Me Moar About These Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tell Me Moar About These Providers

I'd like to hear about these providers. What their reputations are and such. Some of my friends received some strange visits from their ip ranges, but won't tell me more. I don't know the details, so don't ask.

Details from contact info from whois:

1. netname: HostHatch Inc NL
  2. netname: Reverse-Proxy, Interconnects
  3. netname: Lixux-OU, address: XT GLOBAL NETWORKS LTD.
  4. owner: Digital Energy Technologies Ltd
  5. NetType: Early Registrations, Transferred to RIPE NCC
  6. descr: ServeByte

@William ,you usually know a lot about providers, ip ranges and such.

Thanks.

I only know about ripe https://www.ripe.net/.

Comments

• GM2015 said: netname: HostHatch Inc NL

They seem to have a good reputation here. My personal experience with them was bad. I wouldn't consider them to be good for production.

In my case, it took them 12 hours to fix a broken RAID10 array, I experienced data-loss and the array went down again at the same day and they had to fix it again, probably because they failed the first time.
    Since their prices and products are very similar to RamNode and I never had such a experience with RamNode, I would always go with RamNode.

Oh, and after writing this I found out that you're not even interested into buying from them. For the strage visits: I wouldn't consider them to be a company that wants to host spammers or other scam.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • I'm looking into more about these guys. Thank you for the answer.

tr1cky said: Oh, and after writing this I found out that you're not even interested into buying from them. For the strage visits: I wouldn't consider them to be a company that wants to host spammers or other scam.

• Speaking of strange visits you should have seen the amount of Online.net IPs I have banned from my servers this past week for wordpress exploit scanning and such...I was getting so many emails from Fail2Ban it wasn't even funny and all from Online.net - not sure what was going on there!

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Doesn't online go berzerk on hardware tenants when they get 'Hi there, it's amusing abuse time!' emails?

sin said: I was getting so many emails from Fail2Ban it wasn't even funny and all from Online.net - not sure what was going on there!

Thanked by 1mikho
  • @sin said:
    Speaking of strange visits you should have seen the amount of Online.net IPs I have banned from my servers this past week for wordpress exploit scanning and such...I was getting so many emails from Fail2Ban it wasn't even funny and all from Online.net - not sure what was going on there!

Same here, Online and a few Hetzner..

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Interesting. I've heard hetzner drops the hat when someone swears around them, ie. terminate for abuse(whatever meaningless reason is "abuse").

ATHK said: Same here, Online and a few Hetzner..

• @GM2015 said:
    Interesting. I've heard hetzner drops the hat when someone swears around them, ie. terminate for abuse(whatever meaningless reason is "abuse").

We'll see, they've contacted the user asking them to

The initiator has been sent the following instructions and has been requested to:

• Solve the problem.
    • Send us a response.
    • Send you a response
  • netname: Reverse-Proxy, Interconnects

Not clear enough.

netname: Lixux-OU, address: XT GLOBAL NETWORKS LTD.

A sort of shady provider based in RO but incorp'd in Virgin islands.

owner: Digital Energy Technologies Ltd

Host1Plus or one of their shady IP space customers.

NetType: Early Registrations, Transferred to RIPE NCC

Not clear enough.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

I've managed to get more info out of my friends. At least he told me the ip ranges you weren't clear on.

William said: netname: Reverse-Proxy, Interconnects

Not clear enough.

% Information related to '37.72.188.0 - 37.72.191.255'

% Abuse contact for '37.72.188.0 - 37.72.191.255' is '[email protected]'

William said: NetType: Early Registrations, Transferred to RIPE NCC

Not clear enough.

NetRange:       130.185.0.0 - 130.185.255.255
    CIDR:           130.185.0.0/16
    NetName:        RIPE-ERX-130-185-0-0
    NetHandle:      NET-130-185-0-0-1
    Parent:         NET130 (NET-130-0-0-0-0)
    NetType:        Early Registrations, Transferred to RIPE NCC

• GM2015 said: NetRange: 130.185.0.0 - 130.185.255.255

Not clear enough. This is no RIPE range; you query the wrong whois server - that is also exactly what whois tells you...

• Just keep your servers updated and there is no need to ban anyone.

• emreemre Member, LIR

I wish I had a /16 early Registration v4 Ip Block.

Then I don't need to work any more for daily life sustaining.

Those who own these are just lucky you think @William?

Or is this just a part of bigger plan to dominate the world?

Blah!

• $458752 if each IP were sold for $7.

Not bad.

emre said: I wish I had a /16 early Registration v4 Ip Block.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

GM2015 said: Abuse contact for '37.72.188.0 - 37.72.191.255' is '[email protected]'

>

I think Interconnects is part of the same group as TurboVPS/Webexxpurts. I may be wrong though. TurboVPS provides virtual machines in various locations ( found them via WHT)

They seem to be able to provide virtual machines with a huge numbers of IPs:
    http://webexxpurts.com/cart.php?gid=43

Probably suggests that they are a LIR (interconnects)

Upstream has some interesting IPs with Seychelles geolocation on HE only.
    http://bgp.he.net/AS63119#_prefixes

• deployvm said: I think Interconnects is part of the same group as TurboVPS/Webexxpurts. I may be wrong though. TurboVPS provides virtual machines in various locations ( found them via WHT)

Yea, "Inter connects Inc" which is just a Delaware shell which ends up with some guy in EU, there is also some shit in SE involved. Kinda interesting as the owner of Webexxpurts is generally not very bright.

They own a RIPE /18 and a bunch of other blocks:

whois -h whois.ripe.net 5.157.0.0/18

Ripe indice (one of them): https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/us.interconnects5.html

There is also an ARIN account on a different company and some "rented" AFRINIC space from a "related" company that owns 3 /16+ there, all nearly unused:

whois -h whois.afrinic.net 165.231.0.0/16

whois -h whois.afrinic.net 196.247.0.0/16

whois -h whois.afrinic.net 196.196.0.0/16

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Webexxpurts seems to host blackhat activities.

https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/webexxpurts.com