Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nginx installation and config
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nginx installation and config

Hello.
so i am basicly new to installing webservers (being a website coder mainly) and have recently ordered a debian 7 64bit vps for one of my projects (before always got webhosting). So i installed nginx "apt-get install nginx -y" and put my files id usually have in "htdocs"/www Folder (i use xampp at home for testing) into "usr/share/nginx/www". After that i restarted nginx. But when i go to my servers ip i get "nginx permission denied". Ive heard id need to configure nginx prior to using it e.g. set my servers ip adress so i followed some digital oceans setup guide (im not with digital oceans thougg) but it still wont work. So i installed nginx again now (reset).and now i dont knoe anymore.. what is it basicly i need to edit after installing nginc via apt-get cmd? I also might need zlib enabled but i cant figure out how.

im with backupsy and i heard some guy here @severian @servian ? Runs it but dunno if they do setups?

Kind regards,
Ympker

i appreciate any help!

Comments