Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS to send UDP packets to all IPv4 range
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS to send UDP packets to all IPv4 range

ValdikSSValdikSS Member
edited December 2015 in Requests

I need a VPS or a dedicated with 1G or 10G link to send some UDP (and maybe TCP) packets to the whole routable IPv4 range for a legitimate purpose (NOT a portscan, NOT an exploit attempt) for 2-3 days. Server should be with non-NAT IPv4 address.

Can pay up to $20 for that 3 days. Can also mention your company in my research.

Comments

• You're trying to map the percentage of open DNS resolvers..?

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

Do you have an estimated bandwidth consumption (either average Mbps or data transfer by gigabytes)?

You need to be more detailed on your project, because you require high bandwidth ports.

• classyclassy Member
    edited December 2015

If you're doing 50 byte packet per IP you'll use around: 2^32*50/1024/1024/1024 = 200 GB

But seriously, UDP is a one way protocol stateless. Only specific services like DNS will reply back. So what else could you possibly care about? lol

• So, I can't see any legitimate purpose you'd need to send packets to every IP in IPv4 range? I can't wait till you hit military IPs or govt ips, and feds sworm your ass.

• ~4 billion IPs in 72 hours?

• @GCat said:
    So, I can't see any legitimate purpose you'd need to send packets to every IP in IPv4 range? I can't wait till you hit military IPs or govt ips, and feds sworm your ass.

Are there some "special" IPs on the network we should be aware of, that will get us killed or tortured if we send a packet to them? Freedom and democracy, instilled deep into the minds of the free.

• @deployvm, about 1-1.5 TB for a full round, which I expect to run for 3 hours, so about 250-350 Mbit/s. I want to do 3-4 rounds in 3 days so 4-6 TB overall.

• Amazon?

• ValdikSS said: about 1-1.5 TB for a full round, which I expect to run for 3 hours, so about 250-350 Mbit/s. I want to do 3-4 rounds in 3 days so 4-6 TB overall.

Sounds like amp scanning. Any shady provider will happily allow you to scan the whole IPv4 range. I know of one in Bosnia that'll let you do it, but it's not going to be cheap.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited December 2015

@ValdikSS please explain more: as I agree with this statement: So, I can't see any legitimate purpose you'd need to send packets to every IP in IPv4 range? I can't wait till you hit military IPs or govt ips, and feds sworm your ass.
    you cannot hit every ipv4 because if you ask me there is no legitimate reason to send packets at all(and not tcp or udp as that seems to me possible ddos, portscan or other illegal things that will get you canned in a federal secret place like the statement says above.) so my advice don't even bother you are likely to end up in a federal place that no one wants to be if you hit govt or military ip's which will happen if you scan all public routable ipv4. and by the way most people have a firewall blocking most of this so don't even try.
    and yes this seems like port scanning or is a exploit attempt.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @GCat, as I said, this is for a legitimate purpose, for a public research. Actually, I don't even need to collect response data. I can do this with my home link, but it's rather slow and I need to do a full round in a narrow time scale.

• ValdikSS said: I can do this with my home link,

Start by scanning the US Mil, NSA, FBI, RCMP, GCHQ networks.

• @ValdikSS said:
    GCat, as I said, this is for a legitimate purpose, for a public research. Actually, I don't even need to collect response data. I can do this with my home link, but it's rather slow and I need to do a full round in a narrow time scale.

No it isn't when looking up amp scan it has something to do with running attack scripts afterward to attack the open people you found so no it has no legitimate purpose as with the details right now it appears you are trying to do illegal things.

• @GCat said:
    Start by scanning the US Mil, NSA, FBI, RCMP, GCHQ networks.

I did this multiple times from my home link. You CAN do such things, why not? My ISP is perfectly fine with the port scan or huge bandwidth, as many other in Russia. I can do my research with my home link, but I only have 50 Mbit/s which won't allow me to fully scan IPv4 in 2-3 hours and wider time frames could lead to false negatives.

And once again @timnboys, this is not a port scan, not an exploit attempt, not an amplification test or any other fishy thing. I will use collected data only to make statistics and draw pretty graphs.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited December 2015

Just find a provider that ignores hetzner and bitninja abuse reports!

Try OVH, a soyoustart server might work if you can increase your budget.

• I think you either need to slow down, or do this in a much more distributed way - plenty of networks are going to see you sequentially hitting their IPs in quick succession and block you.

• https://www.worldstream.nl/index.php?lang=en

this most likely will work, their network is really good, you can pay the network uplink upgrade of 1GBIT for 10 euros. it will go over your budget but is still affordable.

Thanked by 1ValdikSS
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

ValdikSS said: And once again @timnboys, this is not a port scan, not an exploit attempt, not an amplification test or any other fishy thing. I will use collected data only to make statistics and draw pretty graphs.

Your data will be worthless because there are vast sections of the Internet that will speedily block you from their entire range before you finish your silly port scan of the first IP.

ValdikSS said: I will use collected data only to make statistics and draw pretty graphs.

"Here is my comprehensive study of the Internet...well, the 30-40% of the Internet that was poorly configured and didn't block me..."

Thanked by 2GCat marrco
  • legality wise no issue, but you're not going to put 1MPPS on my core for 20$.

50$ and you have a deal.

• i3D doesn't care as far as I know, nor does ecatel..

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited December 2015

tehdan said: I think you either need to slow down, or do this in a much more distributed way - plenty of networks are going to see you sequentially hitting their IPs in quick succession and block you.

Get complaints from Hetzner due to reflection based floods hitting our stuff in Los Angeles. as it sends traffic to their network.

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited December 2015

@ValdikSS said:
    If anyone is still interested ( classy, GCat, timnboys) it was for this:
    https://medium.com/@ValdikSS/another-critical-vpn-vulnerability-and-why-port-fail-is-bullshit-352b2ebd22e2

https://torrentfreak.com/routing-feature-can-expose-vpn-users-real-ip-addresses-151222/

Was that written based on your research? They use the link you posted in the reply about but what the heck is ProstonVPN? Are you running your own VPN service or?

• ValdikSSValdikSS Member
    edited December 2015

@Hidden_Refuge, yes, there are links to it.

• @ValdikSS said:
    Hidden_Refuge, yes, there are links to it.

Nice but why do they reference it as ProstoVPN article?

• @Hidden_Refuge, I'm not sure why they do that, but I'm indeed the owner of ProstoVPN.

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited December 2015

@ValdikSS said:
    Hidden_Refuge, I'm not sure why they do that, but I'm indeed the owner of ProstoVPN.

:) Seems they know you better than you maybe though XD

I guess you speak Russian, eh? ProstoVPN = Simply VPN

I applied the fix to my Debian 8 SoftEther VPN server.

• So basically you want to attack (upd/tcp ddos attack) some ip rages and pay for it >:) LOL

• Catalin said: So basically you want to attack (upd/tcp ddos attack) some ip rages and pay for it >:) LOL

You didn't read the last replies, wha?