Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to send a money to a friend?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to send a money to a friend?

Hello,

I work with a friend and each month I need to send him between $300-600. How can I do it? He doesn't have PayPal where he lives so it's out of the question.

Is there any way I can send it online and he gets it without paying extra money (fee, etc..)?

Thanks!

Comments

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited December 2015

No one will transfer money for you for free there will always be a processing fee.

• Reloadable Visa/MasterCard debit might be an option? Something like Revolut where you can transfer funds to another user

• Bank wire may be ?

• @JoeBiss said:
    Hello,

I work with a friend and each month I need to send him between $300-600. How can I do it? He doesn't have PayPal where he lives so it's out of the question.

Is there any way I can send it online and he gets it without paying extra money (fee, etc..)?

Thanks!

Where your residence and your friends

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Western Union comes handy. :)

• yeah, western union is the best for your case.

• Depends on the country. Do they have a bank account?

• Bitcoin could make the money move BUT your friend would then have to sell it back to whatever currency he needs, so it might end up being pretty complicated at all.

Western Union has high fee but would probably be the easy way if there is no possibility for you to use paypal or bank wire...

Oh, there is transfertwise also, you might want to check them out they have low fee I think, not sure how their system works though.

• Bank wire or Bitcoin

• MoneyGram (if available) has lower fees compared to Western Union. WU allows you to pay the fees, so the recipient will receive full amount.

If it is for a longer term, try asking your friend to apply for a Payoneer card. You can reload his card using credit card, or using your own Payoneer balance if you have it too.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Four20Four20 Member
    edited December 2015

Bitcoin.
    and then you friend can sell it on localbitcoin.com, if done right, there will be 0% fee.
    EDIT: well, besides the miners fee.

• Use xoom.com to send money. Only $4 for amount under $1K if you pay with your bank.

Amount will be deposited in his account. Instantly or in 1 day.

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited December 2015

Use pigeons! Almost free processing fees, you just have to buy some grains.

Thanked by 3Upstage netomx Rolter
  • transferwise is a good option if you're both in supported locations.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

You can use Xoom, WesternUnion & MoneyGram.

Or the best would be to buy bitcoins and then transfer it your friend so that he can sell those bitcoins and get money in whatever medium he wants (cash, etc.)

• +1 for Revolut there's no fees at all and they even let you get a card.

• There are several ways.
    Cheaper - they are the ones you need to register with an after identification approval can have cheap rates. They are online
    More expensive, like WU. You do not need to register - go offline and pay with higher fees.

• @TheKiller said:
    Use xoom.com to send money. Only $4 for amount under $1K if you pay with your bank.

Amount will be deposited in his account. Instantly or in 1 day.

Interesting never new about this thanks

• Xoom is now part of the PayPal family!

Lol...

• Depending on where your located you can always do Walmart to Walmart.

• western union is usually a good go to for these transfers. they're available in most banks around the world so you shouldn't have that many issues with it.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Western Union! Me and my father send money to our family in Lebanon through WU, works very well.

• handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

you can try payza

• Bitcoin is the best.

• emgemg Veteran

I am still waiting for an answer to the question about sender's and receiver's countries. That would help to narrow down the best choices.

This is unlikely, but ...

Certain sender and receiver country combinations are technically illegal. For example, if you are in the US or a US citizen, it is illegal to transact business (or send money) to certain countries, companies, or people without a special US government license. If the @JoeBliss falls under US jurisdiction and the friend is in a country on the list, then @JoeBliss may already be in violation.

https://doresearch.stanford.edu/research-scholarship/export-controls/export-controlled-or-embargoed-countries-entities-and-persons

• Tell him to get a Paypal account and put the money on Paypal Cash cards which you give him the number and he can load the money on his account then withdraw.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

+1 for Neteller & Revolut

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited December 2015

https://www.covercy.com/ could be an option if you want to save on fees in international transfer.
    It basically turns international bank transfers into local bank transfers using their network.

• It looks like transferwise.com and covercy.com are the same thing.