Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

newznab friendly host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

newznab friendly host

prae5prae5 Member
edited December 2012 in General

Can anyone recommend a vps provider that wont object to me running a newznab server for me and a few friends. I don't want to go to the hassle of setting it up and backfilling it for it then to be terminated.

I know its only a indexer, but can fully appreciate that some hosts might take objections to it...

Is anyone running one / can recommend a host that wouldn't have issues with it?

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I wouldn't have a problem with if you used that on UnmanagedServers.NET as long as you complied with the terms and acceptable use policies.

• We have a few clients running it.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Same here, as long as there are no complaints, it is ok.

• Hm, looks interesting, will set that up public

• @William said: Hm, looks interesting, will set that up public

Would be interested in this.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@prae5 said: wont object

Couldn't care less. So long as it doesn't abuse resources and I don't get a DMCA.

• @William said: Hm, looks interesting, will set that up public

I'm sure you will make lots of people happy if you do this, since you got the know-how and technology/infrastructure to do so. But don't get yourself in potentially more trouble than you are (perhaps?) already are.
    It's nice, no great!, to see you trying/willing helping other people out, but also look after yourself William :)

• Would the smallest kimsufi be any good for this?

• I use the smallest KimSufi for this, works great.

• @Nekki said: I use the smallest KimSufi for this, works great.

Do you use the regular version of newznab or the donationware one?

• I agree that there are no problems as long as there's no complaints / DMCA.

• @djvdorp said: Do you use the regular version of newznab or the donationware one?

And also, can the free version get the regexes/backfill library on IRC?
    As I heard something like that?

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We have some newznab clients.

• Free version doesn't get / autoupdate its regexp's. You need to manually add them.

Same for backfill, torrents only supposed to be given to donators. That being said if you hunt to can find them.

Donation version is a lot more polished imho. Also, if its for a private / personal index - do you really need the backfill.....

• @prae5 said: Donation version is a lot more polished imho. Also, if its for a private / personal index - do you really need the backfill.....

Yes, for my TV shows, previous episodes in the past.

@prae5 said: Free version doesn't get / autoupdate its regexp's. You need to manually add them.

Same for backfill, torrents only supposed to be given to donators. That being said if you hunt to can find them.

Any chance somebody could help me out (pm or something) ?