Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much would you pay?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much would you pay?

risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
edited December 2015 in General

Hi everyone, I require some advice on how much providers would pay for the WHM Superb product which supports Shoutcast, Icecast, Mumble, Apps Installer, Secondary Mail Store and Forward, Nginx reverse proxy caching and some other minor features that I work on. The problem is particularly overwhelming when products vary such as softaculous which is priced at $1.50 (not sure how they make great profit at that price with gateway fees taking a big chunk out), whmsonic at $2.95 or higher and secondary mx at $5 dollars.

I would appreciate fair realistic considerations and appreciate your kind feedback.

Thanks

What price range suites you - affordability vs. ability to make more profit
  1. Price per month22 votes
    1. $1.50 to $2.00
      59.09%
    2. $2.00 to $3.00
        9.09%
    3. $3.00 to $4.00
      18.18%
    4. $4.00 to $5.00
      13.64%

Comments

• I am not trying to talk your product down, but secondary MX is not worth any payment, it is too easy to add the MX record and configure the mail server to allow secondary.

As for Softaculous, I would imagine most of their money comes from the resellers, not individuals, and $50 is the minimum we can deposit into our reseller account, so they are not drowning in processor fees as you might think.

I do think you have a great product and wish you well with it.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • Honestly I feel like this is more of a niche plugin and you should charge thusly. Build a quality product and charge a little more for it instead of trying to make pennies per license.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • I can't answer the poll since I don't use WHM/Cpanel, but I do know that there are certain payment providers that have a special pricing for micro transactions (i.e. Sub $1-5 products), which would explain how Softaculous would make a profit on their monthly VPS pricing.

Although I would image they also sell a lot of yearly or lifetime packages.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I vote don't devalue your time and effort. If you ask people here what they're willing to pay, most people are going to select the lowest price. Most of those same people still won't buy it at that price because then they have to buy a cPanel license and that's out of the question for most people here.

Advertise it on WHT and VPSBoard as well. Recognize that there may never be a rush to buy licenses of it, just maintain it and make it something you're proud of, and let buyers trickle in over time. Once you're happy with it, move to maintaining for a while and go all in on another project.

Thanked by 3risharde wych ATHK
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Thanks all those that commented and voted so far, appreciate it! :)