Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[EU] Time4VPS | E5-2630 v3 with DDR4 | Up to 50% discount | From 0.66 USD/month - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[EU] Time4VPS | E5-2630 v3 with DDR4 | Up to 50% discount | From 0.66 USD/month

2»

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2015

mpkossen said: Which promise did I break?

Thanked by 2Fusl William
  • William said: GRE/SIT to HE and get a /48. Takes 5minutes max, your router likely even has a special interface for it. http://tunnelbroker.net

I gladly configure it for you with /64s in LAN (and local DNS to prevent censorship if desired) via teamviewer/RDP or similar.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/63842/help-he-net-tunnelbroker-on-arris-tg862g-cable-modem#latest

didn't work directly to cable modem, i will pM you later.

@time4vps great service thanks

Thanked by 1time4vps
  • I would like to order storage server 1TB - for 2 years. Can i actually use the entire 1 TB preallocated. Also, can I run it as a normal VPS - I am trying to have an owncloud install here.

• William said: Thus, clearly, promise broken or you never had the power to state/implement it in the first place - One indicates you have zero power over anything and that someone else runs the show, the other that you are not reliable in this regard.

I don't think you're in any position to comment on reliability. I'll give you the following, though:

We have enforced this for one month on LowEndBox, which means that technically my promise was kept. Not that I personally like the way it went and the way it is right now [back to what it used to be]; I mean, if you ask me hosts without IPv6 should be disregarded and taken out of the equation. I have several servers without IPv6 and I will be cancelling them before they are due for renewal.

You have touched a point though. Up until two months ago it did matter what I think, but it doesn't matter that much right now. More about that soon.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited December 2015

I think we should move all this posts to another thread, to left offer clean =)

@mpkossen is possible?

We can call the thread "Ipv6 and William vs the world"

/jk

• dedicados said: didn't work directly to cable modem, i will pM you later.

We can likely work around that, our connections here are very restrictive as well - nothing new. Your only issue is going to be dual+ CGNAT in reality (and/or Iranian/Chinese filtering HW), everything else can be somewhat easily circumvented. I can however not do this on the modem likely, you need something with a Linux/BSD, OpenWRT (ddwrt might work also) or Vyatta and some CPU power (for more sophisticated tunnel/VPN methods).

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @William said:
    Simple: IPv6 is the future. Don't want to implement it now? Fine, but then don't complain in 5 years [snip]

William, if avoiding complaints is your issue, don't you think you shouldn't be complaining? :)

That said, I get the IPv6 pro arguments. Doesn't matter, no one says it's not going to solve some issues and no one says it won't eventually get bigger. What's irritating is trying to bully people into it.

Thanked by 1seaeagle
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

darknessends said: Can i actually use the entire 1 TB preallocated. Also, can I run it as a normal VPS - I am trying to have an owncloud install here.

Yes and yes.

• @time4vps hi, I'm trying to order VPS S but I am being redirected to your homepage. Can you help me out? Thanks!

agentwp said: hi, I'm trying to order VPS S but I am being redirected to your homepage. Can you help me out?

At the homepage select your package and continue.

• On the regular vps, can I buy more bandwidth if exceeded/month? And how much.

rokok said: On the regular vps, can I buy more bandwidth if exceeded/month? And how much.

You can upgrade your VPS package anytime you want. If have our "build your own" server, you can upgrade bandwidth alone.

• Is there any ETA on IPv6 support?

If on OpenVZ, it would be a great addition.

natalya said: Is there any ETA on IPv6 support?

At the moment there is no exact ETA for IPv6 availability.

• time4vps said: You can upgrade your VPS package anytime you want. If have our "build your own" server, you can upgrade bandwidth alone.

Is it possible to upgrade the Storage VPS anytime, too? And get credit for the unused portion towards the upgrade? Thanks.

david said: Is it possible to upgrade the Storage VPS anytime, too? And get credit for the unused portion towards the upgrade? Thanks.

Hi,

It's possible to upgrade storage server. However, downgrade is not possible.

• Thanks.

• Anyone got a test file? Would be interested in seeing speeds from my Hetzner server to storage box.

• I've read that you would consider adding larger storage servers again if there was demand -- so I'm just registering my own demand. Would greatly appreciate 4/6/8 TB VPS plans. Also kvm/xen (but mostly kvm) servers (I know you're working on this already).

Thanked by 1time4vps