Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BudgetVZ and MegaVZ migrated to Virtualizer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BudgetVZ and MegaVZ migrated to Virtualizer

Looks like EvoBurst migrated their BudgetVZ and MegaVZ offerings to Virtualizer.

I logged into the Client Area of my BudgetVZ account, and the Control Panel has COMPLETELY changed! It's much more comprehensive, and seems to provide more features. Not sure how some of these will be billed (for example, CPanel is available) and backups and restores are a new feature.

Comments

• @jbarr said:
    Looks like EvoBurst migrated their BudgetVZ and MegaVZ offerings to Virtualizer.

The CPanel option just install's it for you along with a couple of other Panel's, its to save you going in and typing two lines of code. Your still need to do the License part.

Backup's can in a recent version be hidden if your not offering them, however if they have not setup any Backup Server's or settings, backups will fail to start/run.

• Just played around and tried to reset my password as suggested on their announcement but can't log in after I change it.
    Anyone has this problem? Otherwise I might wait a few days and open a ticket.

• @Bochi - Try again now to reset the password, Migration brought over two accounts for your email address.

Many hours of work went into the migration over, although there are still some missing links between VMs and Accounts, Which I've been sorting for the last few days too.

if you still can't login, just send in a ticket and i'll get it sorted.

Thanked by 1Bochi
  • TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited November 2015

@Bochi said:
    Just played around and tried to reset my password as suggested on their announcement but can't log in after I change it.
    Anyone has this problem? Otherwise I might wait a few days and open a ticket.

Just did a password reset (though the email landed in junk folder) and was able to login just fine. Are you sure you entered the password correctly (and using your email instead of the username)?

See above instead.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Bochi - Try again now to reset the password, Migration brought over two accounts for your email address.

Tried again and everything worked out flawlessly - as always: good job! :)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@AutoSnipe What were you using before? Was there a reason for the change?

• @trewq - Was using SolusVM, with ModulesGarden Module. - multiple reasons really, the real killer was the amount of bug reports I have had to submit to both Solus & MG with no resolution in ~6 months.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Virtualizor has more bugs...

Thanked by 2NexHost linuxthefish
  • each to their own @tenpera

• @tenpera said:
    Virtualizor has more bugs...

I Agree but they are ironing them out. I'm running my virtualizor on the Release Candidate and are experiencing a fair amount of issues. But seems they are fixing them as all the VPS in my master are showing as online now instead as offline when they are all indeed online :)

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited December 2015
                     ||||||||||||
    __________       ||||||||||||||
    ||||||||/-/|     ||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||   |||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||   |||||||||||||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||   |||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||   ||||||
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||   ||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||       ||||||
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||        ||||||
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||            ||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||||                 ||||||||||
    |||||||||||                            |||||||||||||

Toilet.

That's all I can say about Virtualizor + OpenVZ.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    Toilet.

That's all I can say about Virtualizor + OpenVZ.

I wonder if that's biased..

Thanked by 2doghouch netomx
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2015

@FlamesRunner Improved version:

Ew

• Now, why would you ever think that @TheOnlyDK?

• Fuck sake -.-

Glad didnt renew now

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

wow.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    Now, why would you ever think that TheOnlyDK?

Just cuz...3?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Strange, I dont have any problems with virtualizor and openvz...not using it in any production environment though...but still... not sure how I got lucky?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Fuck sake -.-

Glad didnt renew now

More info on that please :-)

• That looks pretty cool tbh. Better than SolusVM.

• @OnSebastian said:
    More info on that please :-)

Nothin I have found more painful and bug ridden than Virtualizor. Solus has issues but its due to lack of documentation.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Nothin I have found more painful and bug ridden than Virtualizor. Solus has issues but its due to lack of documentation.

Right now, we are also using Virtualizor and like @AutoSnipe already said, there are of course bugs (like also in SolusVM) but Virtualizor is fixing them pretty fast. Mostly all of our bug reports and/or feature requests have been solved/added by Virtualizor within a few days so we are pretty happy currently.

• I myself have the Virtualizor team on Skype, any issue I have is dealt with in a few hours, been quite helpful on that, although, as I said, each to their own. Some people like Virtualizor, some like Solus, some like every other panel around.

As a provider, you can never keep every single person happy.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • tenperatenpera Member
    edited December 2015

This:)

AutoSnipe said: As a provider, you can never keep every single person happy.

• smansman Member
    edited December 2015

What is virtualizor like for managing KVM hosts? I like Solus for OpenVZ but I am not impressed with how it works with KVM.

• @sman - grab a vm with @OnSebastian they do KVM via Virtualizor. I have one and it works great.

I am currently doing some dev work using Virtualizor & KVM for abuse monitoring. And have no complaints from my side at least.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    sman - grab a vm with OnSebastian they do KVM via Virtualizor. I have one and it works great.

Thanks for your mention :-)