Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cpanel must add domain for email?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cpanel must add domain for email?

pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
edited December 2012 in General

New with using Cpanel. Decided to use a provider for outsourced email.

Roadblock/problem for me is that Cpanel seems to and confirmed with the hosting company, that I must add each domain I want email for and let their server takeover the DNS. Meaning I need to change the DNS server info to them in order to be able to setup email for that domain.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this otherwise (minus needing to change DNS provider to them)? Have existing outsourced DNS provider(s) that I am happy with and hate touching and changing DNS like this just to work around a deficiency in Cpanel.

Comments

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited December 2012

@pubcrawler said: Meaning I need to change the DNS server info to them in order to be able to setup email for that domain.

Mot true at all, just point the records like you wish as normal. It is smart to let cPanel take over as providers need to change servers around sometime and if you fail to change the DNS, well you break your own stuff, so not their fault of you missing a notice. Now to add additional domains that are not the providers nameservers, the provider only needs to add the IP's of your current nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns

Example

]# cat /etc/ips.remotedns

• can't you just point the MX records to your email provider using your existing DNS providers?