Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZXPlay - Cyber Monday KVM Deals - Free Domains - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ZXPlay - Cyber Monday KVM Deals - Free Domains

2»

Comments

• AshleyUk said: Depends on your location and use case, and if you use/project would benefit from being on OVH network or not.

Hosting own websites and dev stuff. The ping does not differ much, so it probably doesn't matter then.

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited November 2015

@Chronic said:
    AshleyUk

No problem, I am happy you brought it up, if you have any further questions feel free to PM me.

@drazilox

Then it is totally down to personal preference, both locations would do perfectly fine for your needs.

Thanked by 1drazilox
  • gitresetgitreset Member
    edited December 2015

Was wondering if somebody in NA is exempt from paying 20% VAT?
    Also want to know if you accept bitcoin as payment

• @gitreset said:
    Was wondering if somebody in NA is exempt from paying 20% VAT?
    Also want to know if you accept bitcoin as payment

VAT is charged at the rate of the client's country, and only chargeable within the EU VAT Zone.

Countries outside of the EU VAT zone will be updated to 0% VAT further on in the order process.

We currently do not accept Bitcoin.

• CrabCrab Member
    edited December 2015

I'm highly recommending their services. I started with OVZ back in April and migrated into KVM in the fall. Everything has been running great without any downtime and the box has always been very responsive. That with the very competitive pricing gets not just two, but three thumbs up!

The only, small, downsize is that they don't have IPv6 yet on their KVM line, but sounds like they are working on it.

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited December 2015

AshleyUk said: Then it is totally down to personal preference, both locations would do perfectly fine for your needs.

Thanks! You got yourself a customer!

• Do you accept other currency like EUR or GBP?

• @mouwen said:
    Do you accept other currency like EUR or GBP?

Yes, the currency can be changed in WHMCS including both of the stated currencys.

• Thanks Ashley for your quick reply. Order one more VPS.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • The Yearly Special Frankfurt is out of stock. Any chance that it will come back?

• @dynweb said:
    The Yearly Special Frankfurt is out of stock. Any chance that it will come back?

Some more are now in stock.

• Great! Just ordered it :)

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • chrispchrisp Member
    edited December 2015

@AshleyUk Is the free domain recurring (so 48$ for a server for 2 years + .com domain for 2 years) and is adult content allowed (legal of course)?

• @chrisp said:
    Is the free domain recurring and is adult content allowed (legal of course)?

Is for the life of the plan yes.

Legal adult content that you have rights to yes @ OVH locations.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited December 2015

thanks for the quick reply @AshleyUk. 2 more questions from my side. is a free .net also possible and can i set dns entries for the domain myself or is support needed to do it?

• @chrisp said:
    thanks for the quick reply AshleyUk. 2 more questions from my side. is a free .net also possible and can i set dns entries for the domain myself or is support needed to do it?

Please PM me about domain extensions, and you can set your own DNS entries via our billing area.

• I know its too late but do you have a smaller plan 256mb ram and 30gb storage avail?

• @creep said:
    I know its too late but do you have a smaller plan 256mb ram and 30gb storage avail?

Such plan would not cover the IPv4 cost, the above CB plan's are worked out on the best we could offer with a dedicated IPv4. There is still stock of some and the offer will run till all stock has finished.

• Are those 60GB on an SSD in the yearly special?

What does 1GB swap mean? If I want to use my own ISO, I assume it's on me to configure my own swapspace, does that mean it's actually 61GB HD space?

• @cgag said:
    Are those 60GB on an SSD in the yearly special?

What does 1GB swap mean? If I want to use my own ISO, I assume it's on me to configure my own swapspace, does that mean it's actually 61GB HD space?

Standard Raid Protected Storage, no SSD.

The plan templates come pre-configured with 1GB of swap out of the 60GB Disk, however yes you can go ahead and install via an ISO and configure the swap amount that you require.

• I installed Alpine Linux with a GPT disk scheme to a KVM box in Germany.

Some notes for installing a custom ISO not in Virtualizor / SolusVM.

• @itoffshore said:
    I installed Alpine Linux with a GPT disk scheme to a KVM box in Germany.

Some notes for installing a custom ISO not in Virtualizor / SolusVM.

Thanks for that, defintly one way to do it.

However if you ever need a custom ISO added let us know.

• The Alpine Linux 64 bit mini ISO was kindly added to Germany.

Thanked by 2AshleyUk bersy
  • Any plan to restock LET Storage? i might wanna get another hehe