Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any open sourced custom OpenVPN GUIs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any open sourced custom OpenVPN GUIs?

JamesBotJamesBot Member
edited November 2015 in Help

I'm looking for a premade custom Windows application for OpenVPN servers, basically something like this, but for free. http://codecanyon.net/item/custom-openvpn-gui-pro-edition/9904287 Does anyone know of anything like this?

Comments

• @NumaPlay said:
    I'm looking for a premade custom Windows application for OpenVPN servers, basically something like this, but for free. http://codecanyon.net/item/custom-openvpn-gui-pro-edition/9904287 Does anyone know of anything like this?

I have it's source code, i bought it for $30 or something can resell for you for cheap with documentation.

• @hyena56 said:
    I have it's source code, i bought it for $30 or something can resell for you for cheap with documentation.

I going to be using it for personal use, so I really wouldn't want to put any money into it right now.

• @hyena56 said:

It's $27, you should be supporting the creator instead of "reselling" his work illegally.

Also please note

1. Extended license is must for paid VPN subscription service providers (VPN Service provided via VPN Client).
    Regular License
    $27
    Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.

Extended License
    $135
    Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.

• @ATHK said:
    Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.

I believe it states right there under Regular License that is it allowed to be sold to a client.

• hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited November 2015

@ATHK said:

It's only an support license.

• @NumaPlay said:
    I believe it states right there under Regular License that is it allowed to be sold to a client.

Not if its already in use, you can bet that sweet arse of yours, it is.

• @NumaPlay said:
    I going to be using it for personal use, so I really wouldn't want to put any money into it right now.

I'll give you it for free if you want. It's full of bugs though.

Thanked by 1JamesBot
  • What's wrong with the semi-official OpenVPN GUI that comes by default?

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

the official gui for windblows is great, works with nyr's script's dot ovpn files. there is no gui for debian afaik and somewhy

openvpn client.ovpn

doesn't work for me and probably has issues with routing.

the gnome network manager has an openvpn gui plugin, but it needs you to split the ovpn file into its parts...

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited November 2015

@GM2015 said:
    the official gui for windblows is great, works with nyr's script's dot ovpn files. there is no gui for debian afaik and somewhy openvpn client.ovpn doesn't work for me and probably has issues with routing.

the gnome network manager has an openvpn gui plugin, but it needs you to split the ovpn file into its parts...

Open a root session in your terminal and start tmux/screen. Run "openvpn server.ovpn" in the session. Dettach from the session and done.

You cannot run OpenVPN clients without root/sudo on Linux. Same is even the problem on Windows now. You have to start it "As Administrator" or otherwise OpenVPN cannot use netsh to modify adapter properties and settings. If you fully disable UAC then you can start it normally though.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

I meant when I ran openvpn client.ovpn, I used sudo for it of course. I might retry it with root instead.

edit coming

Hidden_Refuge said: Open a root session in your terminal and start tmux/screen. Run "openvpn server.ovpn" in the session. Dettach form the session and done.

You cannot run OpenVPN clients without root/sudo on Linux. Same is even the problem on Windows now. You have to start it "As Administrator" or otherwise OpenVPN cannot use netsh to modify adapter properties and settings. If you fully disable UAC then you can start it normally though.

• Sudo should also work but keep in mind that you have to use something like either screen or tmux because the client isn't running in the background like a service. So you might start it but maybe you closed your terminal and it of course will disconnect instantly.

I use the Linux openvpn client myself with my own OpenVPN server and it works well.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

Does it work for you over wlan0?

Last time I dropped nyr a pm about openvpn's connection log and he noticed and said(kidechire's was 123.123.123.123 in the example and the 192.168.0.1 is our router on wifi):

Wed Sep 16 19:38:55 2015 /sbin/ip route add 123.123.123.123/32 via 192.168.0.1
    RTNETLINK answers: File exists
    Wed Sep 16 19:38:55 2015 ERROR: Linux route add command failed: external program exited with error status: 2

"Sounds like some routes aren't being added."

I've since had no idea on fixing this.

Hidden_Refuge said:

I use the Linux openvpn client myself with my own OpenVPN server and it works well.

• @GM2015 Sorry, I operate over ethernet because WiFi is extreme crap at the computer spot.

I used WiFi on my notebook but there I only had Windows.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Windows openvpn gui also worked for me over wifi before I installed debian.

Hidden_Refuge said: I used WiFi on my notebook but there I only had Windows.

• https://github.com/AirVPN/airvpn-client

Not sure if works without Air account, but they have NSIS installer code for Windows