Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using a VPS as tunnel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Using a VPS as tunnel

I'm setting a SIP server for my client. Everything is setup and working. I used Asterisk for that.

Now my challenge is to listen port 5060 and 5061 in a LOCAL_IP and redirect all traffic to REMOTE_IP:5060. Basically SIP server is remotely hosted and want local user to connect through a local high speed tunnel.

It's possible to redirect all traffic setting up a VPN but I need to keep the LOCAL_IP open for all for specified ports.

Any idea how to achieve that?

Here LOCAL_IP means IP form user's area. A VPS actually. REMOTE_IP is the SIP server's IP.

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2015

I would suggest tinc, and some iptables rules but, I am not sure if that would be the best way for your application.

EDIT: Just to clarify tinc for the tunnel and iptable rules to forward only the specific ports from the Local_ip via tunnel to the remote_ip, routing tables on the sip server to redirect only the traffic that originated from the tunnel back to the tunnel and out the the local_ip

• Why can't you connect directly, you do realise there's no such thing as a 'high speed' detour?