Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to PayPal - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to PayPal

Comments

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

@jarland said:
    I've never seen a PayPal account with that many disputes in 2 months. Me thinks there's more to that story, but whatever :)

Are you counting in the temporary holds by PayPal?

As they was all initiated by PayPal the last time they Limited me. where they downgraded my account. There is nothing else to it. I explained above why.

8 Disputes out of 386 transactions in a month. and have all been due to BlackFriday. and 2 of them are due to non delivery of servers. But they was refunded in Full.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Jordan_NexHost said:
    temporary holds

Possibly. What does inquiry by PayPal even mean? Never seen that before. Is that them linking the other accounts?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

@jarland said:
    Possibly. What does inquiry by PayPal even mean? Never seen that before. Is that them linking the other accounts?

No they launched them due to safe use of my account. as they did not think I had made such transactions. and opened them when Limiting my account. and taking nearly a month to close them.

How ever upon contacting PayPal Escalations they downgraded my account and my account issue was resolved.

• smansman Member
    edited November 2015

Forget about 2checkout. Worst payment processor we have ever dealt with. We switched to Stripe and never looked back. There is no comparison.

Thanked by 1NexHost

I do love me some stripe!

• Reason is because the risk factor anyone want to hear the call.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

PayPal does not understand you ?

2CO claims web hosting, VPS hosting or Dedicated Servers are all 'cyberlockers' and therefore they prefer to close the account, ignoring even the 'best practises' document from VISA.

ref. http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/60457/2checkout-stops-serving-hosting-providers

• Why not use 2checkout? you can accept paypal with them.

• @zafouhar said:
    Why not use 2checkout? you can accept paypal with them.

2Checkout won't accept me I used them for 2 years. and took in $60,000 in 6 months and they closed my account. but released all the funds to me.

• @Jordan_NexHost is the limitation permanent or just until you clarify somethings? I saw you were saying something about the limitation cannot be appealed, appealed as per getting the limitation removed?

• @IgniteServers said:
    Jordan_NexHost is the limitation permanent or just until you clarify somethings? I saw you were saying something about the limitation cannot be appealed, appealed as per getting the limitation removed?

yes it's a permanent limitation. and they say due to risk factor. but won't state why. and that their backend team could of read stuff online that they are not happy with. I can happily upload the call as I told them I was recording the call. and you can all see that I'm not lying.

• @Jordan_NexHost said:
    yes it's a permanent limitation. and they say due to risk factor. but won't state why. and that their backend team could of read stuff online that they are not happy with. I can happily upload the call as I told them I was recording the call. and you can all see that I'm not lying.

Ah no need to upload the call that is your personal business, but as someone said above you can use stripe, I actually just started using them today. Had my account setup within 10-15 minutes received about 8 payments already everything is running smooth through stripe. Might want to give it a go the gateway cost $35.00 or so.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • VPNVPN Member
    edited November 2015

@miTgiB said:
    Me and my 20 year old never limited PayPal

Obvious lie is obvious considering as of next month PayPal is only 17 years old.

Even then, it wasn't even known as PayPal when it launched in December 1998.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@vpn Thanks for this bit of info. But he was being sarcastic.

• @Jordan_NexHost Get a real Merchant Account that is properly underwritten, and set up Payflow for Paypal as the payment gateway. PayPal has flagged you as a high risk merchant, and the only way around that is to move the risk over to a properly underwritten merchant account, that way PayPal won't limit you, since they won't end up holding the bag on a chargeback or disputed transaction.

Thanked by 2NexHost GM2015
  • @Dan said:
    Jordan_NexHost Get a real Merchant Account that is properly underwritten, and set up Payflow for Paypal as the payment gateway. PayPal has flagged you as a high risk merchant, and the only way around that is to move the risk over to a properly underwritten merchant account, that way PayPal won't limit you, since they won't end up holding the bag on a chargeback or disputed transaction.

Would I be able to Accept PayPal Payments if not then no. as I can use Stripe.

• You're late; summer ended 2 months ago

• Clouvider said: 2CO claims web hosting, VPS hosting or Dedicated Servers are all 'cyberlockers' and therefore they prefer to close the account, ignoring even the 'best practises' document from VISA.

They accepted me fine for web hosting, sent them detailed income for each month, expected income and from which sources (paypal, CC, bitcoin) as well as number of past disputes and how I resolve them (refund).

They do have huge ass fees, so I would expect them to be nice!

@VPN said:
    Even then, it wasn't even known as PayPal when it launched in December 1998.

Captain Wikipedia to the rescue!

Thanked by 3NexHost GM2015 Pwner
  • @Jordan_NexHost said:
    Need to accept PayPal Payments.

Use coinpayments, they allow you to accept paypal thru their payment gateway

With PayPal Passthru the funds go directly to your account, they do not go through our account at all and we don't collect any fees for this service. PayPal IPNs are sent to our server and we translate them to our system so you only have to implement one IPN handler on your website (or install one of our shopping cart plugins).

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

@postcd said:

With PayPal Passthru the funds go directly to your account, they do not go through our account at all and we don't collect any fees for this service. PayPal IPNs are sent to our server and we translate them to our system so you only have to implement one IPN handler on your website (or install one of our shopping cart plugins).

Thank you finally someone. who has gave me a option much Love :)

But I still cannot accept PayPal Payments.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

linuxthefish said: They accepted me fine for web hosting, sent them detailed income for each month, expected income and from which sources (paypal, CC, bitcoin) as well as number of past disputes and how I resolve them (refund).

They do have huge ass fees, so I would expect them to be nice!

Good luck then. Just have a plan B for when they change their mind. ;-).

At least a few dozens of hosts on this forum and on WHT were affected only a few months back.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2015

jarland said: What does inquiry by PayPal even mean? Never seen that before.

Assuming you are referring to this bit:

27 Nov 2015: For reasons relating to the safe use of the PayPal Service we need some more information about some of your recent sales. This limitation cannot be appealed against.

This is what you get when somebody reports you to PayPal for abuse. I've had the same issue in the past for my donations (which was resolved, albeit slowly, after sending them two pages worth of background information).

Reading the text, it sounds to me like they suspect that he is misrepresenting the reason for the transactions; that is, they suspect he's selling something different from what it says on the invoice.

Thanked by 3NexHost jar lbft
  • @jarland said:
    Captain Wikipedia to the rescue!

Haha, admittedly I used Wikipedia to check initially and then verified with another source.

Thanked by 1jar
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2015

@Rallias said:
    Lets see... there's paypal, paypal, paypal's subsidiary braintree, paypal, paypal... did I mention paypal?

PayPal <3

• Off-topic: Thanks to eBay, we either choose ProPay or PayPal...

Yeah, good luck without PP...

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • Jordan_NexHost said: Would I be able to Accept PayPal Payments if not then no. as I can use Stripe.

Yes, your customers can pay you via PayPal Payments. This is the gateway that NewEgg, OVH, USPS, etc all use to enable full PayPal support.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

have a look here hope u looking for this

https://www.chargebee.com/

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited November 2015

PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations Responded stating that it won't be reversed. and that they'll limit any future accounts I open. How ever all is good. Already have a Solution!

• GulfGulf Member
    edited December 2015

@sman said:
    Forget about 2checkout. Worst payment processor we have ever dealt with. We switched to Stripe and never looked back. There is no comparison.

Could you please explain how to accept payments with Stripe. What steps.
    I have US bank account. Should I confirm something to remove monthly threshold like with PayPal?