Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

852% CPU?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

852% CPU?

juan_144juan_144 Member
edited December 2012 in General

CPU use as reported by New Relic

852%   mysqld (mysql)
6_6%   nrsysmond (newrelic)
20.7%  init (root)
2.71%  cron (root)

How it can be?

Comments

• High IO wait?

• Probably because every core is 100%

• @juan_144 said: How it can be?

How many core/thread are you allowed? That is about 9 cores of use

• REBOOT

• I have 4 cores. Restarted PHP + MySql + nginx and still 852%. I will restart the whole vm.

• @Spencer said: REBOOT

Autoboot?

• @Spencer said: REBOOT

Just restart mysql, it goes brain dead sometimes

• @juan_144 said: still 852%. I will restart the whole vm.

Sounds like you have some tuning to do

• MySQL running on 8+ core system. Normal.

• @qhoster said: MySQL running on 8+ core system. Normal.

I wouldnt call that normal, I run a MySQL node with well with about 64 queries per second average and my server load is rarely about 5%.

• OK now 0% after restart. new relic resident monitor is the only one with high cpu. 584 as of this post.

Maybe the website data is wrong. Top show everything on 0.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@qhoster said: MySQL running on 8+ core system. Normal.

not normal, need to optimize the mysql.

• The idea was normal with never ending MySQL query/es. Got to be proud utilizing the CPUs thats good haha ...

• First please check how many mysql processes are running on the server.Then kill all the processes and restart mysql service.Also you can try to optimize the mysql.

• MySQL playing up again.

• Is mysql at latest version?

• What storage engine are you using?

• that problem at your msql check it, make all sure the site not running auto update database like page view counter on the site becouse this will be effect to the database if you have huge visitor, this same problem i got in to my site msql always running more 200% cpu but when i turn off page view counter then mysql running very low

what kiind script u use ?

• @ZeroCool said: what kiind script u use ?

Wordpress, but I outsource analytics. I deleted an add-on domain that tried to get 256MB of RAM and restarted the server. Server load is low again.

@ShardHost said: What storage engine are you using?

Removed the InnoDB as outlined on the wiki,

• Sounds like funnn =P

• What does:

myisamchk /path/to/mysql/database/*.MYI >> /tmp/isamcheck.txt

Return?

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited December 2012

I wouldnt call that normal, I run a MySQL node with well with about 64 queries per second average and my server load is rarely about 5%.

64qps is basically nothing.

The key question here is what the storage engine being used and how it's configured. Try giving mysqltuner.pl a go, it may be of some help.

Edit: Looks like I was too late, but since Shard is already halfway through, I'll leave you guys alone. :)

• Is innodb resources hungry?

• @sandro said: Is innodb resources hungry?

Innodb is quite good and is default in 5.5 mysql.

• you must check in your site what stuff make ur database keep auto update every time this is u must do sometime to fix becouse your case same with me before
    and remember cache mysql and make log for slow query

i am using myisam storage engine 74 Query with 188K Database Recorded still okey mysql running very small cpu usage and my cpu load average load average: 0.10, 0.04, 0.06