Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kayako vs Deskpro
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kayako vs Deskpro

GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
edited December 2012 in General

I did some research via Google, results are pretty old (1 or 2 years ago).
So I need more detailed information and things, visited their website but still not enough.

Both Deskpro and Kayako looks pretty good from their website.
So I need an unbiased view, meaning that you must not be a developer/employee from Deskpro or Kayako.

What's the difference between this two help desk products?

Comments

• I've used kayako, and it's good.

Never used deskpro, so I can't compare them.

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited December 2012

I'm getting very few replies, is it because Kayako and Deskpro are not within LET's prices?

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited December 2012

It's because you just posted 29 minutes ago.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@jhadley will vouch for DeskPRO :)

• @Ishaq said: It's because you just posted 29 minutes ago.

Still not getting any replies :|

• DamianDamian Member
    edited December 2012

@GIANT_CRAB said: Still not getting any replies :|

Most of the people here are using WHMCS' in-built support ticket system. It's quite robust; we haven't really run into any situations where we find that WHMCS' ticket system has limitations to what we're trying to do.

Therefore, there will not be much input from this forum. Have you tried WHT?

edited December 2012

@Damian said: Have you tried WHT?

Which forum should I try? This?

• I use Kayako every day. I don't like using Kayako everyday.

We were moving everything to Ubersmith, but now with the price changes, that is now on hold.

• jhjh Member

They're both good but Deskpro is better. Try it and see :)

• Kayako is always better. :)

• I use Kayako on a daily basis for work as well. It seems to be a resources hog and during high load times can slow down drasticly. If you are just planning to use it for a single brand and provide support through it it isn't that bad, but if you try and support multiple brands or groups it seems to be a bit more of a pain. Overall it does what it is supposed to and works rather well, but the user interface can get quite annoying at times, especially under high load...can take 1-2min to just post replies.

As per desk pro, never used it so can't comment on it.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @speckl ubersmith has the worst help desk.

• When we tested deskpro we absolutely loved it. We didn't however put it into production, so cannot comment on its day to day usage

• We use Kayako and it's great! Don't know about DeskPro though.

• Ubersmith looks like something out of '90s.

Almost all DCs I work with use it, and I really wish they didn't.

They're yapping about v3 being 'drastically' better, but that also comes with a huge price bump.

On the support side, I've used Kayako extensively, but it's never really grown on me. Arctic/Deskpro/Zendesk are all better.

• I bought an owned license for kayako for another online business of mine years ago. I keep the maintenance up and use it now again and I still love it. I do not have a lot of employees to deal with inside it but it works quite well for my needs.

I am lucky I bought it before they switched to their new system because now it is very expensive. I just wish I had bought the version with live chat when I had a chance instead of just the ticket system.

• Kayako is nice, although Deskpro does seem like a really good product,

Had a look at Kayako in the early days, it seemed "good" and would work fine,

What are you planning on using it for? (If you don't mind me asking..)

• @NicT said: What are you planning on using it for?

Mainly live chat support.

• @GIANT_CRAB said: Mainly live chat support.

Ehh, I honestly don't see the point if your just using it for Live Chat,

There are so many other, simpler, and somewhat better products around. Personally I'm a fan of Zopim for Live Chat, there are a tun of other alternatives, LiveChatInc seems to be showing up on quite a few websites now aswell...

• @NicT said: LiveChat

Way too expensive.

@NicT said: Zopim

Looks good and has WHMCS integration but it lacks avatar and Gravatar integration for the operator. :\

• jhjh Member

@GIANT_CRAB said: Way too expensive.

www.appsumo.com - get yourself a discout :)

• @jhadley said: www.appsumo.com - get yourself a discout :)

What 33 email templates, why would I need email templates?

• Deskpro looks nice

• jhjh Member

AppSumo has a massive discount for LiveChat. Search LiveChat on AppSumo. I paid about $30/6 months I think.

• @GIANT_CRAB said: @jhadley said: www.appsumo.com - get yourself a discout :)

What 33 email templates, why would I need email templates?

http://www.appsumo.com/livechat-hot-promo/?rf=srch

edited December 2012

@jhadley said: AppSumo has a massive discount for LiveChat. Search LiveChat on AppSumo. I paid about $30/6 months I think.

I would actually prefer a one time off payment, not a monthly one.
    Kayako and Deskpro offers that. (Citation needed for Deskpro)

• LiveZilla? :)

• Offerchat and limetalk is bloody cheap.