Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Way to Get Around Windows Licence Reactivation Prompt After Moving Servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Way to Get Around Windows Licence Reactivation Prompt After Moving Servers?

GM2015GM2015 Member
edited November 2015 in Help

I hate telephones. I even hate it more when you're supposed to call people.

Calling people at FACELESS CORPORATIONS MAKES ME WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

So to avoid WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS, what are the best ways to move around a microsoft server?

Don't get worked up on me using capital letters okay.

I've acquired a dreamspark sub and I'm going to use my licences to learn about programming and such, but their damn licensing would prompt me again to reactivate.

I had I think win08 r2 standard on vultr, now I'm at online.net, I would surely be asked to reactivate.

I'll just use the enterprise licence instead.

Looking at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2011/09/12/how-do-i-avoid-needing-to-activate-windows-when-i-move-a-vm-hyper-v.aspx, having the server in a VM would be one way around micisoft's legal bullshit.

Use is absolutely non-commercial, personal and for educational purposes only before I get you lawyers and licence huggers attacking me.

Comments