Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Domains for $.75 @ Networksolutions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Domains for $.75 @ Networksolutions

herbyscrubherbyscrub Member
edited December 2012 in General

@aker said: for new user only $0.75 promo:NCDISC0034

New Users Only.

Does Networksolutions make a big fuss when you transfer off of them?

Comments

• No, Infact they are one of the primary registrar, so many companies whom you know actually register with them. They are one of the most reputed ones. Yeah, but expensive.

• Well, this is for new user only. I selected a domain, login and the price increased to $34 :D

• Yes, they are usually for new users.

• If only they did ccTLDs...

• for new user only $0.75 promo:NCDISC0034

• @aker said: for new user only $0.75 promo:NCDISC0034

Nice, that's even better lol.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited December 2012

lol. Never had an account with them.
    So I tried the $1.5 link, create new account, link PayPal, and hit the last button:

Revised Order Total

The offer code you have entered is valid for new customers only. See below for your revised order total.

Bam! Back to $34.99

• No clue, I ordered and paid the $1.50 and then I used the 99 cent GoDaddy coupon afterwards too. They're going to send the transfer request to Networksolutions in two months since it's too new.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Network Solutions is a rip off.

• how $1.50 can be a ripoff?

• @shovenose said: Network Solutions is a rip off.

+1

For the young folks, NetSol and their antics is pretty much what GoDaddy is now

• If netsol provide privacy for free, I will transfer to them.

• @smile93

So you want to pay $35 and get free privacy protection, or $10 with godaddy and use a coupon to get free privacy protection. Interesting.

@smile93 I don't think so but I'm too lazy to look. ShoveHost does though, lol,
    Network Solutions and eNomCentral.com charge too much for domains and aren't even special.

• smile93smile93 Member
    edited December 2012

@Cirium

I will renew my current domain to another 5 or 6 years, then use special discount transfer code, transfer to them and keep them there for 6 or 7 year before transfer out.

They only has free privacy offer on year 2009 once, after that no more.

If you can pay one year, and use the best service for 6 or 7 years, why not.

I have most of my domains renewed till 2020.

• I don't think anyone would argue the awful non-discounted prices, but for $0.75 and no-hassle transfers OFF after registering...all good imo.

True... except some people will not bother moving at the end.

• @Cirium said: So you want to pay $35 and get free privacy protection, or $10 with godaddy and use a coupon to get free privacy protection. Interesting.

So you want to use a coupon/pay for privacy protection, or get it free with a cheaper registrar. Interesting.

• Either works.

• I got one. They charged exactly $.75(I don't know why some people are saying $1.50). The checkout process is kind of like go daddy, with useless products popping up.

• I just tried to order a domain from Network Solutions using the promo code, couldn't find a place to actually enter the code. Maybe I'm just blind? Then they charged $35 to my paypal without them actually saying that they were going to. I've submitted a ticket to their support department, but I suspect that they're just going to ignore it, or say "Oh well, you didn't enter the promo code, the charge is valid" and I'm going to end up disputing via PayPal. Darn. It wasn't an important domain, just something that I wanted to grab and see if I could make it work. Some of the providers here would have liked it, I think, especially @KuJoe.

• Awesome, got signatureous.com to match signatureo.us, charged me $0.75

• @NickM In "My Cart" is says "Redeem Offer Code". Works fine, although I didn't close the deal.

• New users only.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2012

Just a heads up...last time I took advantage of a NetSol coupon for $1.00 domains as of the next day they started spamming my phone trying to up sell me and sell me more stuff. they called every other day for about two weeks till I finally got mad and asked the caller "Does network solutions wish to keep me as a customer?" She of course said "yes" so I said, next time I receive a call from you I will be immediately moving all services and domains I have with you to one of your competitors. She then told me they would never bother me again. I would not be surprised to find they also sell your info to other companies if you don't pay for their privacy services.

My 2 cents.

Cheers!